Sponsored by:

America's answer to SRF!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:32 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default America's answer to SRF!

Professional race teams are switching over to Prospeed RS683 Extreme Performance Brake Fluid. As a technical supplier to Andretti Autosport, the Prospeed RS683 brake fluid has outperformed the competition in the labs and on the track. Don't believe it? check out these two links. Chuck

Characteristics of brake fluid:

http://www.imgt3performance.com/prospeedrs683.aspx

Why RS683:

http://www.imgt3performance.com/prod...e-brake-fluid/

RENNLIST member March Special:

Buy three -- get one free! And free shipping!* (Enter quantity (4) plus promo code RS1 at checkout). codes for larger quantities (RS2 = 8 (6/3) & RS3 = 12 (9/3) or PM me for shipments to Canada.

*Free ground shipping guaranteed within the continental United States. additional charges may apply for Canada

Last edited by IMGT3; 05-02-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: edit link / add multi pack promo codes
Old 03-05-2011, 01:52 PM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty good.

FYI, the second link did not work for me.

Is there a comparison chart with the pertinent factors say to SRF, Motul, AP, etc.?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-05-2011, 02:33 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IPguy
Looks pretty good.

FYI, the second link did not work for me.

Is there a comparison chart with the pertinent factors say to SRF, Motul, AP, etc.?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike

I have edited the link in the thread above and included it again in this reply.

http://www.imgt3performance.com/prod...3-brake-fluid/

With regard to the comparison chart one does not exist to my knowledge. What i can say about the product is after researching this product, it is the only brake fluid to ever be added to the technical supplier list of Andretti/Penske Racing and i undrstand that it replaced SRF who was not on the list. We also offer SRF, Motul and Ate and prior to the introduction of this product I would have said that SRF had the best performance specs. Where this product is most impressive and may edge SRF is its stability. The lack of compression under sustained exposure to high temperature yields a firm predictable pedal pressure that is second to none....I think that the second link may be of additional help to you.

Chuck
Old 03-05-2011, 03:27 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

This is what I posted to your 996 forum thread:

At $40 for a .5L it is more expensive than SRF at $75 a liter. Nice that it is USA based since Castrol is UK based but in all my years I have never had my SRF let me down in racing or DE. You'd think the US based product would be cheaper since there is no import tax.

With that said, if you offer pricing that is competitive to OG, etc, then I have no problem grabbing my SRF from you to help out a GT3 guy.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:10 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Smile

Originally Posted by LVDell
This is what I posted to your 996 forum thread:

At $40 for a .5L it is more expensive than SRF at $75 a liter. Nice that it is USA based since Castrol is UK based but in all my years I have never had my SRF let me down in racing or DE. You'd think the US based product would be cheaper since there is no import tax.

With that said, if you offer pricing that is competitive to OG, etc, then I have no problem grabbing my SRF from you to help out a GT3 guy.

Thank you for your support! Our promotion is buy 3 get one free on prospeed. which is $60/L, + free shipping. SRF is a good product that delivers! I'd be happy to become your supplier of either product, but what type of sponsor would i be if i didn't recommend what some believe to be the best in the market. Chuck
Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Chuck, I appreciate it as well as our more technical discussion

I thought I commented in the 996 GT3 forum and actually did in the 996 forurm. I'll move that comment over here.

Moved comment:
Originally Posted by IMGT3
... silicate ester is the base used in Silicone based brake fluids, 13% (+/- stdev of 6%) of this material is air. as the fluid sustain damaging heat and pressure the base material experiences compression that leads to changes in pedal pressure after 15 to 20 minutes of peak breaking. Castrol SRF use Silicate Ester as a base material whereas Prospeed RS683 and all DOT 4 compliant brake fluids use borate ester (2% +/-1% air) as a base material. Silicate ester is a material that is related to silicone. Please note it is NOT silicon but is related. This fact allows the silicate ester based brake fluid to have a much higher wet ERBP. However, the downside to silicate ester as a base material in brake fluid is increased compressibility and a shorter shelf life.

Professional race teams who prep cars for a living who have experienced fade with silicate ester based fluids when sustaining high temperature and pressure for extended periods. The high temp formulation along with the stability of RS683 under the same conditions is where Prospeed begins to shine...it builds confidence as your pressing hard when others are less efficient...That's why race teams are starting to become believers.

I guess if you are running a ALMS/Grand-Am race for 3 hours then maybe you'll experience that. However, not for us in 20-30 minute session DE group.

So then my follow-up question to you would be what effect is there from mixing SRF with RS683? I'm always open to trying new products as long as there is some empirical support for it. I'll ask around the Grand-Am crowd and see what their input is as well.

Thanks for the info

ps. As a stats guy, I need you to please elaborate your (13% +/- stddev of 6%) stat. Are you saying the SRF products have a confidence interval of 68% on a normalized curve that their product will be between 7 and 19% air? If so, please direct me to that info so I fully understand what you are explaining.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:58 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

More on Monday, I'll have a chart prepared that will do some of my talking for me.... this is great stuff! Chuck
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by LVDell
Chuck, I appreciate it as well as our more technical discussion

I thought I commented in the 996 GT3 forum and actually did in the 996 forurm. I'll move that comment over here.

Moved comment:

I guess if you are running a ALMS/Grand-Am race for 3 hours then maybe you'll experience that. However, not for us in 20-30 minute session DE group.

So then my follow-up question to you would be what effect is there from mixing SRF with RS683? I'm always open to trying new products as long as there is some empirical support for it. I'll ask around the Grand-Am crowd and see what their input is as well.

Thanks for the info

ps. As a stats guy, I need you to please elaborate your (13% +/- stddev of 6%) stat. Are you saying the SRF products have a confidence interval of 68% on a normalized curve that their product will be between 7 and 19% air? If so, please direct me to that info so I fully understand what you are explaining.
Drivers draw their conclusions based on driving style and experience. We all remember a lot of firsts when it comes to our driving experiences. Some have had more than others, and others have more to come. So it's not surprising that there have been a variety of experiences reported using these brands of brake fluid.

So for sake of clarity and accuracy i went back to the well... The following Is a compilation of information from The Society of Automotive Engineers(SAE) regarding this subject.

Compressibility – This is NOT a specific DOT specification however it listed in SAE J1705, Appendix A, A.2.2.8. under the heading, "Air Solubility." Here it states, “Air Solubility – It has been reported that dimethyl polysiloxane fluid, which is a major part of silicone based low water tolerant type brake fluids can typically contain dissolved air at a level of 16%±3% by volume at standard temperature and pressure. This compares with a typical level of 5%±2% by volume of dissolved air for glycol ether based type fluids. An increase in brake pedal travel may be experienced under severe operating conditions, especially at higher altitudes and high temperature conditions."

"The term “dissolved air” (air absorbed from the atmosphere) should not be confused with the term “entrapped” or “free air” since their effects on brake system performance can be entirely different. Air that has been absorbed from the atmosphere does not result in an increase in fluid or system volume, whereas entrapped air or free air does occupy system volume and can be easily compressed when force is applied to the system.“

The SAE standard continues, “A.2.2.9 – Compressibility – Silicone based brake fluids are more compressible than conventional brake fluids and the difference is magnified at higher temperatures.”

Compressibility is something you’ll find most, if not all other brake fluid brands completely ignoring. And with good reason! They don’t want you to know their fluid could or does contain as much as 7% dissolved air! No wonder certain "high end racing" fluids are known for their poor pedal feel.

Polyalkylene Glycol Ether type brake fluids are over 3 times less compressible than silicone (low water tolerant) type fluids, even when heated. And even within the scope of the Polyalkylene Glycol Ether fluids, there can be a difference of over 200% between a fluid like Prospeed RS683™ with minimal dissolved air and other fluids containing far more!

A research report from Union Carbide demonstrates a relationship between the compressibility of a brake fluid and its density (specific gravity.) The greater the density of a brake fluid the less compressible it is. Prospeed RS683™ is the most dense brake fluid on the market today!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:34 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Chuck, I have read up on this and read everything you posted on your website. However, what you posted does not answer any of my questions. I'll ask them again.

1. I need you to please elaborate your (13% +/- stddev of 6%) stat. I still don't see that anywhere. Where did you get this number from? Do you know what it means? What you have posted means something that I have a feeling has nothing to do with this product or others.

2. What effect is there from mixing SRF with RS683? Obviously some fluid remains in the system (ABS, Clutch) during even a full flush so this is an important question to address.

In everything I have read on the Prospeed website states (using "some" and "may" very liberally) when referring to other brake fluids yet we know they are trying to get the reader to infer SRF, correct? It would be nice if they compared actual values. I searched for some as well. Regarding density, it is nominal in the difference between the two. RS683 is rated a 1.09 g/ml where SRF is 1.06 g/ml.

I have no doubt RS683 is a good fluid but they have a ways to go before they un-seed a product like SRF with nothing more than SAE white papers, etc.

DATA, WE NEED DATA!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

let me go to engineering and get some answers for you. i'll be back! chuck
Old 03-08-2011, 10:47 PM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Got to love Dell
Old 03-08-2011, 11:02 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

It'd be so easy to go on blind faith but that's not how this cat operates. DELL NEEDS DATA!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:26 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I appreciate all the good info in this thread. I too am always looking to try new things until I find a product I'm completely happy with. I don't think any of us can complain about SRF other than how much it costs. Would love to see a competator in the mix esp if that competator can get to a better price point.

Personally I'm a bit reserved about this new fluid though. I used Prospeed GS610 in my old 996 and it was the only fluid I've ever had problems with in that car. I had to bleed by lunch break of a DE when using it. This was with Pagid orange / black pads, cup car brake ducts, stock otherwise. I was highly disapointed in the fulid and my vendor was such a believer that he gave me new fluid free of charge thinking possibly the bottles I got had an issue. I completely flushed the system and re-bled the system and the next time out had the exact same experience. I went back to Motul 600 and my problems went away.

Andy
Old 03-09-2011, 06:31 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

I agree too! I want my statements to be clear and well understood, as well as supported! Getting asked for clarification is a good thing we all benefit by. if I didn't feel that way, I would have opted not to be a sponsor of this forum. I expect to be challenged By this group and I welcome that.

Chuck
Old 03-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Tried to check out with 8 quarts and only gave me credit for the first Buy 4.... Is there a way to fix that? Would pay for 6 to get 8... ahh missed the PM me thing in original post... DOHHHH

Quick Reply: America's answer to SRF!