Sponsored by:

New GT3 For Sale listing on Pelican

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 08:55 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New GT3 For Sale listing on Pelican

sorry, looks like the same one ssort posted earlier that was found in the Auto Trader.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...k-996-gt3.html

Last edited by faster; 02-03-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:58 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats almost 997.1 price.. Apparently he doesn't want to sell it that bad.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 PM
faster
Rennlist Member

I agree... and evidently he isnt a rennlister and noticed what the market has been bearing. i thought
ex10psi gt3 was a great deal for somebody looking for super clean silver 04 with a long list of goodies. its a shame a stealership ended up with it. or this white one i was sent a few months ago

White with black. Carbon door sills, white rear and center console, door handles and gauges. Red belt and stitching on seats and center console lid. Crests in seats and GT-3 logo on console lid. Clear bra. Semi-solid motor mounts and adjustable lower rear control arms. Car has been meticulously maintained. 22K miles. Asking $57,000. Rejected $55,000. Also have OEM GT-3 seats available and an extra set of OEM wheels with brand new Hoosiers on them. Would not sell the seats and wheels without the car, but would sell the car without the spares. Would be willing to work out a package price.

Last edited by faster; 11-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by faster
I agree... and evidently he isnt a rennlister and noticed what the market has been bearing. i thought
ex10psi gt3 was a great deal for somebody looking for super clean silver 04 with a long list of goodies. its a shame a stealership ended up with it. or this white one i was sent a few months ago
Uhh, actually he is https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-gt3-also.html
Old 02-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Yep - I'll let you guys know how it goes. I still love this car - and recently advised friends they'd have to rip it outta my cold dead hands some day. I appreciate the feedback and opinions.

FWIW - when I bought this GT3, a guy offered me $5,000 more than I paid the next day because he missed out on the sale. I declined - as it's not all about the money to me. He chased me / begged me to sell the car to him for the next 2 months ...

Scott

Last edited by Scott 1996 993c2; 02-04-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:08 AM
faster
Rennlist Member

Hey Scott, sorry, didnt recognize you on the pelican or auto trader.. still have my 993, but dont go there much anymore. hoping to own a 3 soon and just watch this forum daily. i do wish you the best....are you really sure you want to sell it??? ;-)
Old 02-04-2011, 01:29 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Hey Scott, sorry, didnt recognize you on the pelican or auto trader.. still have my 993, but dont go there much anymore. hoping to own a 3 soon and just watch this forum daily. i do wish you the best....are you really sure you want to sell it??? ;-)
No worries.

NO - I don't want to sell it - thought I might keep this 'forever' - i.e. - realistically never envisioned the day I'd sell. But alas ... changes they are a comin'. Gotta do what I gotta do.

I really do appreciate all the comments/advice/criticism/opinions/support ... etc. None of it really angers me or bums me out in any way. My skin is a bit thicker than that - wouldn't have gotten as far in life as I have at 41 if things were otherwise. For any of you who really know me - you know I've been kicked - pretty hard in some circumstances - and I just keep standing. I'm like the Weebles - we wobble but just won't fall down. We are just going through some family and business changes right now and need to downsize and simplify - plan a bit more for the future. Our oldest son is now off in college and our younger 2 boys have lots of other priorities that keep me away from the cars and RL lately. There was a time not so long ago when I really thought I'd have these 3 P-cars forever - because I really love each of them - but I guess that was just a bit of getting caught-up in the moment. But things are things - things come and go ... and life goes on. I was P-car less for several years about a year after getting married in 1998. You gotta do what you gotta do, eh?

Some said in the Riviera Blue 993 thread that I just shouldn't have started the forum thread at all - should have just posted the 'for sale' ad and left it at that. So that's what I decided on for the GT3. But now that you all discovered me - I'm happy to share.

Again - thanks to all for your time and thoughts - you guys are great - and this is a great place!!!

Scott
Old 02-04-2011, 01:46 AM
faster
Rennlist Member

well Scott, your still the same stand up great guy that i knew from the RL993 boards and I wish you and your family all the best. Greg
Old 02-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Fooshe
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Didn't this car take a pretty good lick to the right rear at some point? I could be wrong, and hope I am, but I seem to remember something about a Red Jeep hitting the car....am I right? Even if I am, it looks like the repairs were done very well.

Last edited by Fooshe; 02-04-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

well Scott, your still the same stand up great guy that i knew from the RL993 boards and I wish you and your family all the best. Greg
Back-at-cha' Greg. Thanks brutha.

Scott
Old 02-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fooshe
Didn't this car take a pretty good lick to the right rear at some point? I could be wrong, and hope I am, but I seem to remember something about a Red Jeep hitting the car....am I right? Even if I am, it looks like the repairs were done very well.
Yes - by a 19 year-old girl - but just the rear - nothing to front. The car was fixed and fixed right - in painstaking, careful detail over the course of 11 months and by nothing but the best at Avio Coachcraft in West Los Angeles. I have EVERYTHING documented in paper and in pics and can refer anyone who is interested to Avio and Stan to discuss if necessary/interested. There is nothing wrong with the car.

Scott
Old 02-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Fooshe
Racer

Originally Posted by Scott 1996 993c2
Yes - by a 19 year-old girl - but just the rear - nothing to front. The car was fixed and fixed right - in painstaking, careful detail over the course of 11 months and by nothing but the best at Avio Coachcraft in West Los Angeles. I have EVERYTHING documented in paper and in pics and can refer anyone who is interested to Avio and Stan to discuss if necessary/interested. There is nothing wrong with the car.

Scott
Glad to hear that...from the looks of it, they did an excellent job. Again, I wish you all the luck on the sale. If I didn't have one, this would be a real consideration for me.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
tdarby
Rennlist Member

why is everyone so concerned with what price someone decides to sell their car for
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM
jberb55
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Asking $57,000. Rejected $55,000.
I thought it only happened to me... Do people get a special kind of bon3r if they save ~2K on a ~50K purchase? Look ma! I spent $55,0000 but with my shrewd bargaining skills I saved almost 4% Yes, 2K buys tires, but it also buys me plenty of storage time to wait and sell to someone slightly less douchy.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Fooshe
Racer

Originally Posted by tdarby
why is everyone so concerned with what price someone decides to sell their car for
Ya know....that is such a simple question, but a damn good one at that.

The one that I don't understand is where someone diagrees with the person selling the car, why they just don't shut up and move along. The posting doesn't usually say, FS: Car for sale, looking for every negetive person I can find to comment on it.

Now the excuses I see of "I was just trying to help you get your car sold and let you know where the market really is." If that was the truth, send a private message asking if they guy wants your opinion and/or help with market value.

Really disappoints me, too.

Quick Reply: New GT3 For Sale listing on Pelican