Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black box underneath driver seat- what's it for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:03 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts

Sadly all is quiet at the western front : (. Went over 2days ago- nada. My friend/mechanic says before mid feb before it's shipped off to tcdesign. Hopefully he'll drop motor to deal with the coolant press fittings next week. Mike
Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,820 Likes on 2,385 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Sadly all is quiet at the western front : (. Went over 2days ago- nada. My friend/mechanic says before mid feb before it's shipped off to tcdesign. Hopefully he'll drop motor to deal with the coolant press fittings next week. Mike
damn, tell andre stop buying cars, get to work on your
took max to fill up 5 jugs of fuel and load trailer to get ready for next weekend.
took out the old doors and hood.....
need bigger trailer.

bring up the E30 and thrash it for andre.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:59 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts

Well as u see on my avatar pretty undriveable. Neway so far what's been done after avatar pic is that the stock doors have been replaced with the fg doors(Getty Design) courtesy of mooty(thanks). My mechanic/friend said it was a bitch to align so that door latch works as well as fg doors are flush with even gaps. Stock doors weighed close to 70 lbs per side(total 140 lbs). The fg doors weigh 11 lbs per side add bout maybe 4-5 lbs for door latch mechanism and handle plus mirror(32 lbs total) so weight reduction is close to 108 lbs total. Other then exhaust(cheapo straigthpipes and cat delete) it was one of the best bang for the buck mods in terms of weight reduction(if u go cheapo doors- this will be a racecar). Stock mirrors wont fit on these doors so need cup cheapo replicas mirrors or something else. It's primered white in front and natural black inside so plan to leave inside alone and paint outside. Here are some pics. Regards. Mike
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Black box underneath driver seat- what's it for?