Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed 2010 GT3 shifter....wow!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you from experience, the B&M shifter is not appropriate for the GT3. They are great in a Boxster, or Carrera, but awful on a GT3. The 997 GT3 shifter seems to be the best upgrade unless you want to go all out for the cup setup.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:57 PM
BEZMan
Rennlist Member

Alright! Time to sell it then - anybody wants to buy for $60 ))) [I paid $75]

Originally Posted by Steve B in SD
I can tell you from experience, the B&M shifter is not appropriate for the GT3. They are great in a Boxster, or Carrera, but awful on a GT3. The 997 GT3 shifter seems to be the best upgrade unless you want to go all out for the cup setup.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:01 PM
BEZMan
Rennlist Member

I think I will definitely go that route (Cup shifter / cables) at some point. It is around $2k installed though, right?

For the Motons.... double adjustable ClubSports? Would you know much the are running right now (ballpark $$$)? I want to start saving right now

[I know I missed the group buy, but it was too early for me now - I want to learn how to drive the car stock before moding it]

Thanx!

Originally Posted by mooty
I might have picked up Jame's actually (I bought it two weeks ago). I think he had also a TT according to Tony @TCD.
===> yes, that's james, he's on RL, i can't remember his handle. JWGT2 i think.

I am already looking at that short Cup shifter / cable option. Coming from a miata, the shifting on the GT3 is kind a so-so. I have just received a B&M SSK, but according to posts here I might just skip it and go for the "better" solution.
===> B&M SSK, hahaha, tony wont put it in for you. he hates it on my car. he did the cup shifter/cable install for me.

Then you have the Moton shocks - tempting down the road!!!!
===> yep. tony is a reseller and moton factory rebuild center. he will set you up. i must have had 5-6 sets from him.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,802 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZMan
I think I will definitely go that route (Cup shifter / cables) at some point. It is around $2k installed though, right?

For the Motons.... double adjustable ClubSports? Would you know much the are running right now (ballpark $$$)? I want to start saving right now

[I know I missed the group buy, but it was too early for me now - I want to learn how to drive the car stock before moding it]

Thanx!
i think around 1500 all done.
you must missed the group buy.
the WHOLE things at retail, shox, springs, rear upper monoballs and labor to corner bal and align is around 6500 after tax. tony has all of that.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:37 PM
BEZMan
Rennlist Member

Thanx for the info!

Originally Posted by mooty
i think around 1500 all done.
you must missed the group buy.
the WHOLE things at retail, shox, springs, rear upper monoballs and labor to corner bal and align is around 6500 after tax. tony has all of that.

Quick Reply: Just installed 2010 GT3 shifter....wow!