life insurance and DE's

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:54 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

My LI policy asked specifically if I was racing....to which I said no. They did make a distinction between "timed, competitive" events and screwing around on the track.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:05 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Life Insurance Rating

As a person who sells life and financial products, I can speak to what I have seen on a recent case. This insured does particpate in PCA DE and this was divulged to the insurer. This had no impact on the rating and a policy was issued at Preferred Non Tobacco rates. My guess is having a Comp License with PCA Club Racing, NASA, SCCA, or other racing bodies might have an impact on rate. Still, like hang gliding, scuba diving, and other "hazardous" activities, I always complete the proper supplemental app and discuss the details with the underwriter. My advice is always to disclose this type of information to the insurer.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Rceron
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bella1
As a person who sells life and financial products, I can speak to what I have seen on a recent case. This insured does particpate in PCA DE and this was divulged to the insurer. This had no impact on the rating and a policy was issued at Preferred Non Tobacco rates.
Thanks ! This is what I wanted to know. As of now the potential carriers we have approached have me at "standard". Seems to me I have more shopping to do.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Laurie, Come on back!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
jittsl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be at Tremblant in a couple of weeks. It's been a hell of a couple of years but all is turning around it seems.

Quick Reply: life insurance and DE's