Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hurley signed my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010 | 10:43 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Default Hurley signed my car!!

Was at Musante Motorsports last night for the monthly CVR meeting. Chris and Lisa put on a great event and Hurley Haywood was the guest of honor.

Just in case you don't know about Hurley:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurley_Haywood
Attached Images  
Old 05-12-2010 | 10:45 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

At the end of the event, I asked Hurley if he would sign my car and helmet.. he was nice enough to do so for me!

I wish I have a picture of Hurley stepping into the front trunk in order to sign the under side of the hood!!
Attached Images   
Old 05-12-2010 | 10:49 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Anyway, just wanted to share the interesting story! The Porsche community is just the best. Event such as this is free of charge for members to attend so it depends on sponsorship from shops such as Musante Motorsports. So a big thumbs up from me!
Old 05-13-2010 | 08:33 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Sweet!!!
Old 05-13-2010 | 11:21 AM
Erik@GBox
Former Vendor

That is pretty cool, how many people can say that Hurley Haywood signed their car?

Thanks for sharing the story. Wish that I lived closer, Chris Musante has always seemed to me to be a pretty nice guy, and it would have been nice to see Hurley again.

Erik Johnson
GBox Performance Transaxle
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
www.gboxweb.com
Old 05-13-2010 | 11:39 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Yeah, it was pretty neat. And Hurley is such a nice guy too.. very low key.. you wouldn't know know that he has accomplished so much if you are just chatting with him!! And he was always willing to sign autographs or take pictures w/ fans..

It was funny that he said that he gets recognized much more in Europe than in US, though.. (3x LeMans winner is a pretty big deal over there.. while in US, I think most people only know the NASCAR drivers because you see the NASCAR races on TV all the time..)

Chris Musante is a good guy and a very fast driver himself! The shop is 1st class! And they are big supporter / sponsor of PCA activities here locally, so they give back to the community for sure!
Old 05-13-2010 | 11:59 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

That's a cool story. He's a really nice, approachable guy. A couple years ago when the Grand Am Series was running the road course at Phoenix International I was walking around the garage area with my wife. I looked over and saw Hurley Haywood leaning against a pole by his car and said to my wife, "Hey, that's Hurley Haywood". Since he wasn't doing anything I decided to walk up and say hello. He was incredibly pleasant and allowed me to babble to him about a time I saw him drive a 964 Turbo at Del Mar back in the early 90's. Nice guy and Porsche legend.
Old 05-13-2010 | 12:07 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Great story, thanks for sharing....
Old 05-23-2010 | 11:19 PM
Modoc
Instructor

Originally Posted by cfjan
Was at Musante Motorsports last night for the monthly CVR meeting. Chris and Lisa put on a great event and Hurley Haywood was the guest of honor.

Just in case you don't know about Hurley:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurley_Haywood
Eric,

How exciting! That GT3 just went up in price. Now I know I need to buy it back from you...

Have met Hurley and I couldn't agree more re your opinion.. HH was my instructor during my first PDS course. Had dinner with HH and the other top gun instructors the evening of the first night. A great experience esp for an old guy like me whose followed the careers of these legends for years and then have the opportunity to learn and listen.

Joe
Old 05-24-2010 | 07:26 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Ha ha Joe.. I am just having fun w/ the car and the whole Porsche experience.. ! Your old car is holding up really well.. never have any problem so far! I just did 2 days at Monticello.. it now has 20,500 miles.. !!
Old 05-24-2010 | 01:34 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Awesome... want this one on your collection
Old 05-24-2010 | 04:10 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Ha, that would be great to have for sure!! Too bad that my car is nowhere close to Germany!!
Old 05-24-2010 | 10:25 PM
Modoc
Instructor

Originally Posted by cfjan
Ha ha Joe.. I am just having fun w/ the car and the whole Porsche experience.. ! Your old car is holding up really well.. never have any problem so far! I just did 2 days at Monticello.. it now has 20,500 miles.. !!
Eric,
How is driving with the new seats? Are you still on PS2's or have you gone the R compound route ?

How was the weekend at Monticello?
Joe
Old 05-24-2010 | 11:20 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Seats are great.. they are comfortable even for driving on the street! (more back support) And they really hold me in place while on track.

Still running PS-2. And I still run the street alignment. It is a safer setup for now, I guess. PS-2 breaks away more gradually. Was able to save a slide at Monticello because of that.

Monticello was fun. 22 turns (full course) so it wasn't the easiest to learn. Good thing that it was a 2 days event, so it gave me more time.. !!
Old 05-25-2010 | 01:52 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Eric awesome man... Wish I knew about the CVR meeting, would have loved to come down. Chris Musante is the man, the absolute nicest guy who goes out of his way for anyone and a FASTTTTTTTTT driver... Always love to have him in the car and co drive my car, I learn a lot!

Quick Reply: Hurley signed my car!!