Sponsored by:

6'5" w/ Clubsport Bar/Recaro Profi SPG XL Fitment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:46 AM
loworbitsi
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pdobbs
I can save you a lot of time by going with the Recaro Profi SPG XL's right from the get go.
I guess that's a snafu. The information is great, but the goal of the 3 was a summer time autocross toy in Super Stock. Seat changes aren't permitted. The 996 is Super Stock legal while the 997 is coming closer in the budget but jumps right to ASP. I'd guess then seats wouldn't matter, but it'd be better to have a turbo then anyway, and crank up the boost.

My friend has a 7 GT3, and it's sunroof really was a tight squeeze for me. I did "fit", but not even close with a helmet on. I drove a F430 and I was pretty miserable, but still enjoyed the drive.

I currently have a '05 STi, and it's stock seats and my brain bucket are quite comfortable. I autocross the STi like a mad man doing 20 events a year. I finished 16th at SOLO Nationals in '09 in STU.

A Super Stock car means more focus on driving, less on go-fast, go-broke. Of course then, the cage isn't really a requirement, and is a weight penalty, in which the stock seats leaned way back might work. Brey-Krause makes the lowering mounts, which I might do, and just hope no one is **** enough to protest.

Thanks again. Very very knowledgable people on this forum.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:23 PM
pdobbs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least it's not a Lamborghini...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyrr6OWd3Y

Quick Reply: 6'5" w/ Clubsport Bar/Recaro Profi SPG XL Fitment Issues