Sponsored by:

Anyone know this GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:46 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Anyone know this GT3?

Been looking for a low mileage GT3 and this one has been for sale for a long time. I am not sure why it would be on the market for so long but the current owner is not original and he states he never tracked it. He also states that if the car was tracked it could not be certified by Porsche which it was when he bought the car. This seems strange as how would Porsche know if it were tracked? Anyway, if anyone knows the car or its history that would be great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 05-04-2010, 04:51 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

It has been for sale on EBay for months.. Looks to be a good car. Regardless I'd have a PPI done prior to handing over $$ You have his cell number from the post, negotiate a deal that way pending a PPI.

$55 would be max IMO.

If you plan on tracking the car there is a nice Red one for sale on R-List that has a lot of goodies on it.. ~ $60K IIRC

Good Luck
Old 05-04-2010, 04:56 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

He won't do $55k so I am not sure where he is at. Like the one on RL but it has no AC and, unfortunately, in Florida that is a must.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:38 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Obviously the seller doesn't know the market. As Dave said, about 55K tops is as good as it gets for that car. And no, CPO doesn't get invalidated or keep a car from being certified if it has been on track. There is a CPO inspection and as long as NOTHING on the list fails (and it's a very long and thorough list) then it can be CPO'd.

If you are patient you will defintely get a great example at a great price.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 PM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy is a dreamer, the car has been for sale for at least a year at the same price. Maybe he is waiting for the market to bounce back...call him again today and see what he says;>)
Old 05-04-2010, 05:56 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Well thats what I thought. I don't know current values on GT3's but when I do a search, relatively low mileage cars are all in the $55k-$65k range. Just all over the place. But I guess when I am ready to make a cash offer thats when the BS stops...
Old 05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Asking prices seem to be from the mid 40's (tired, hile miles, etc) to mid low 60's (dreamers or very well put together with serious extras and high-end track goodies installed.

Those are asking prices........

Selling prices are different....Having talked to SEVERAL buyers lately, it seems that high 50's is about as good as it gets for the best examples with most in the low to mid 50's.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:05 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
it seems that high 50's is about as good as it gets for the best examples with most in the low to mid 50's.
Maybe a little less ... but about right.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Number54
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmwtmx
He also states that if the car was tracked it could not be certified by Porsche which it was when he bought the car.
Yeah, well that'd be nice, but it's not true! Porsche doesn't know it's been tracked unless you say so. And I know of one dealer that certified a car that shouldn't have been... Beware, I wouldn't trust the dealer at all, do your own research.

Having just bought a gt3, I agree prices are all over the place. My experience is this:

$50- : I haven't seen a good one
$50-55K : okay cars, higher mileage (but probably some good finds here)
$55-60K : good cars available, enthusiasts selling at this price point
$60K+ : usually dealers, very low mileage, some nice cars with lots of carbon, and a couple nut-jobs who think $70K is about right for their baby!

Skip on this car, not worth it.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been for sale for months because he keeps asking for the same amount! He must not want to sell it
Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Lol, his wife probably told him to sell it. He's taking his time. And yes, this car has been around for a long, long time, and the price hasn't budged. I remember looking at the listing last summer.

Number54, I wouldn't say you can't get a clean car for 50k. I know of two nice California GT3s that sold in the 40s. Shop around and be patient.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:45 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

it's funny...I've been watching the market and passively shopping myself for the last 8 months and there were some great cars for great deals until about March and then all of the asking prices went back through the roof. (Spring + signs of the economy turning maybe?). I've actually seen cars advertised again at higher asking prices than they were previously listed at over the winter months.

I too am of the opinion that a nice 13k mile car as listed in this thread should still bring around $54-55k. For some reason however, there's a slew of 30,000+ mile cars that have shown up lately all with asking prices around 60K. Todd's Red car and a select few with trick expensive bits on them are about the only examples I can think of that I've seen lately where I'd be willing to go over 55k to snag one.

Andy
Old 05-05-2010, 10:44 AM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 112 Posts

Andy,

I hope you can pick one up and get back to the track, when the time is right. Glad to hear that the hook is still set.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:59 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,792 Likes on 2,373 Posts

Originally Posted by Number54

$50- : I haven't seen a good one
$50-55K : okay cars, higher mileage (but probably some good finds here)
$55-60K : good cars available, enthusiasts selling at this price point
$60K+ : usually dealers, very low mileage, some nice cars with lots of carbon, and a couple nut-jobs who think $70K is about right for their baby!
dont let CPO fool you. ANY car can get CPO'd. tracked, hit, burnt, crashed, you name it. now i didn't say legally CPO'd. but it can get CPo'd and i know of many. and if you track the car hard, forget CPO, they will not cover much. trust me on this.

the price quoted above is spot on for norcal mkt.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:24 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Price
Andy,

I hope you can pick one up and get back to the track, when the time is right. Glad to hear that the hook is still set.
Time is right for the track for sure. I'm already signed up for a few events this summer. Quesion is will I be in the M3 or something else. PM me with events you're planning to do this summer as I could use some good quality instruction to knock the rust off after missing all of last season.

Andy

Quick Reply: Anyone know this GT3?