Sponsored by:

Still looking for a GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Craig911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still looking for a GT3

Still looking to buy a GT3 and I was hoping for a little guidance on a couple of cars I'm considering. I will mainly be using it for the street with occasional autocross and DE so I don't need one with a lot of mods.

Two I have been considering are:

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/por...e&distance=any

and:

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/por...e&distance=any

The silver one in particular has been on the market for awhile--at least December. At that price I wonder why it has not sold.

Are the H&R coilovers on the black car worthwhile?

Any opinions on these two cars or has anyone seen either of them?

Craig
Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 AM
Carefree
Pro

Have you concidered a 911 for your D.D?

GT3's are Very well Suited for the track, and driving "to and from" the track.

Any mod's (especially suspension) are "track related" and will make street driving cumbersome.

Seems to me (my thought only) you need to choose, Track or Street?

A nice C2S might be the correct choice for street / occasional track?

FWIW
Old 02-28-2010, 01:05 AM
Craig911
Advanced

I already have a 2003 996 that is my daily driver. I love the handling and performance of the GT3 so I do want one for driving the back roads and occasional track.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:42 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

Craig many of the cars sold by Global have had damage. I would make sure you got a good PPI for that car. One of the best PPI guys in Houston has a shop less than 1 mile from Global: Viking Motorsports 832-250-5995. He has inspected probably a dozen or so cars for me so far and saved me thousands on the purchase of my 993tt, 944 turbo, and helped steer me clear from some real time bombs.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Craig911
Advanced

Thanks for the info on Global, that's exactly the type of info I need! The seller did seem a little reluctant when I asked about a local place to do a PPI, he finally recommended Motorwerkes.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:19 PM
jmla
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you seen this one:
https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...and-black.html
Old 02-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Craig911
Advanced

I could not access that link, could you please try reposting it? Is this in the Rennlist classifieds?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:59 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To help you:

For Sale: Pristine 2004 GT3 Seal Grey and Black

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up for sale is pure poetry and rage, interlocked together in a lithe, seal grey package. I’ve been fortunate to own this 2004 GT3 for almost three years and have loved every minute. Owner is something of a perfectionist, so despite the car being a ‘daily,’ it’s about as perfect as they come: paint still glimmers, body is perfect and true, smells like West German cows inside, and it runs like a titanium-valved top. Car has never, ever seen a public car wash and the Michelins have never set foot on a track. All of this, plus an extended warranty, an unbelievable Europipe exhaust, and all of the most desirable options makes this a very unique example of the GT3 species. My daily commute is no longer full of canyon roads and the time has come to invest in my business, so it’s time to pass it on. I’m hoping to find a Porsche enthusiast here who will enjoy it as much as I have. Priced at $58K, including all upgrades and extended warranty.

You can contact me at granturismov12@gmail.com or at (949) 290 2400 with any questions. Car is located in Los Angeles.

Seal Grey with Black Full leather interior, red deviated stitching, and Alcantara headliner

• Second owner - the first owner was as OCD as myself and kept the car under red satin, car has been in Southern California since delivery to Beverly Hills Porsche
• Platinum extended warranty coverage until 64k miles or 3/2012 through DT LA Porsche
• Full leather interior with red deviated stitching, red seatbelts, and Alcantara headliner
• PCCB brakes with Pagid pads and rotors in excellent shape (no cracks)
• Europipe ‘Quiet’ Exhaust system (not at all quiet and utterly intoxicating at speed)
• Tequipment stainless steel roll-hoop
• Silver gauges with aluminum trim rings
• OEM Thick three-spoke steering wheel
• FVD Motorsport aluminum pedals and dead-pedal
• Carbon interior trim including A/C vents, gauge cluster, horseshoe, full center console, carbon/aluminum shift **** and trim strips
• Full carbon door pulls and door pockets
• GT3-script carbon fiber door sills
• Carbon side mirror shells (beautifully finished)
• H&R spacers all around for the perfect stance without any rubbing
• Fresh Ventureshield clearbra installed less than a year ago on front fascia, fenders, and hood
• European smoked clear front side markers, Silver/red Porsche crest, and paint-matched bumper plugs, BMC High performance air filter
• Clutch replaced with OEM Porsche unit (was just beginning to slip) at 41k
• Recently corner-balanced and aligned for aggressive-street
• No dings, bodywork or accidents, but one story: right fender was repainted by Lucent Motors to repair an unfortunate parking lot keying incident
• All maintenance and oil changes performed by BH Porsche, Lucent, and Hergesheimer
• Complete album of service records, original window sticker, Certificate of Auth, and all keys are ready for the next owner
• Have all original parts, custom red satin Porsche car cover, and Porsche battery conditioner
Old 02-28-2010, 06:50 PM
jmla
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a link to another site: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...rey-black.html
Old 02-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Craig911
Advanced

Very nice, gotta check that one out. Finally one for sale that's in the same state. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Blondurant
Racer

The silver one has automatic tranny which is a sin on a Porsche, especially a GT3. Mine's for sale. It has some amazing extras: Cup Wing, Euro bumper, & a custom sound system. Click the link below to see my ad.

GT3
Old 03-01-2010, 08:09 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Automatic GT3. Not made -
Old 03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
Automatic GT3. Not made -
I didn't think so either. Click on that 1st link in the 1st post. It says 5-speed automatic which makes no since at all. Maybe it's a typo.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

It's a typo.... that's the problem with used car dealers-- they have no idea what a GT3 is, which is why I'd be hesitant to buy this type of car from a random dealer.

There aren't any GT3's around San Diego?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Carefree
Pro

Craig at The "Rennstore.com" rocks!

I have a new track car this season and while it is not a GT3, he is really helping me out and not feeding me a line of crap (like so many others) on what will work and not work.

Way to go Craig, your help is always appreciated.

D. Scheid

Quick Reply: Still looking for a GT3