Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgive me my GT3 brothers for I have sinned......

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:42 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Dell

How about my 2001 RUF RGT. 1 of 17 made. It has everything you would ever want including a pedigree, Integrated full roll cage, and back seats. I remanufactured some booster seats to fit down over the seat belt holders so my seven year olds and I could cruise around. I am selling because a mutual aquaintance of ours in Las Vegas decided to sell "the red cup car" and of course I could not resist. It is the correct RUF color. I could work on the price some, but RUF's have never been bargains. PM me if interested. It is at switchcars.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:51 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Miss running with the Vegas crew! I saw your car. She's a beauty and a perfect combination of a street and track car.....and the amazing Ruf name to boot. If I sold the race car and passed on the Turbo then yours would be perfect.

Somebody is going to own a fantastic machine.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by pranqster
Dell

How about my 2001 RUF RGT. 1 of 17 made. It has everything you would ever want including a pedigree, Integrated full roll cage, and back seats. I remanufactured some booster seats to fit down over the seat belt holders so my seven year olds and I could cruise around. I am selling because a mutual aquaintance of ours in Las Vegas decided to sell "the red cup car" and of course I could not resist. It is the correct RUF color. I could work on the price some, but RUF's have never been bargains. PM me if interested. It is at switchcars.
Saw this car...it is stunning...had and old 930 RUF cab - loved it too but it was not a pretty as yours....well done
Old 02-16-2010, 12:08 AM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

+100 on the 996 TT. I really liked my 996 TT. Great value for these cars and it is really a nice daily driver with room in the back for your young ones.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:07 AM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Dell,

Do not sell the race car. That fix is hard to replace. I went driving with Glen and the crew in October in my RS, and compared to the cup the RS was very plainly a street car.

The longer the RUF sits, the longer I have to recoup my finances from buying the cup. My boys keep asking me when I am bringing their RUF back to New Mexico.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:15 AM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Overdraft

Thank you for the kind words about the RGT. Sorry for the hijack Dell.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:16 AM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Dell

Now back to our regularly scheduled program, where our undercover splinter cell operative has gone undercover to expose all kinds of heavy breathing. Our undercover splintercell operative is exploring all possible connections of forced induction, or abnormally aspirated specimens scattered throughout the free world.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Overdraft

Thank you for the kind words about the RGT. Sorry for the hijack Dell.
No worries....great discussions

Dell

Now back to our regularly scheduled program, where our undercover splinter cell operative has gone undercover to expose all kinds of heavy breathing. Our undercover splintercell operative is exploring all possible connections of forced induction, or abnormally aspirated specimens scattered throughout the free world.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:04 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Dell

So you are the lucky owner of the "Red Car". A little history - the first owner was looking to buy a 2001 Cup from me and it sold to another party first. I found him the red car in Germany, it had never been raced - basically new with about 10 hour on it and of course it was "red" from the factory, which is rare. In 2002 they were still painting cars yellow, red and black on request and occassionaly other colors as well. But now you can get any color you wish, as long as it is white.

We brought the car over and CA was very happy with it, well for a little while. Then the surgery started and the "Red Car" evolved - that is one beautiful car and very trick in its preperation.

I was also lucky enough to introduce the second owner to the first and well it did not take long for it to find a home in Las Vegas. I was happy to hear it again found a good home! Enjoy in good health. Tell FC I said hello!

Your Ruf RGT is awesome! Dell - it has back seats!!!

Dell - sorry about the hi-jack - but thought you might enjoy some of the history of the red car!

JCM
Old 02-18-2010, 12:22 AM
jmla
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dell

Very unique! Does it have a C2 or C4 tub?
Old 02-18-2010, 04:24 AM
CC911
Instructor

Dell

Why are you so against putting a set of belts in the back of a 6 Gt3? I'm lead to believe all the mountings are there and its simply a case of bolting it in. Even seats are velcro stick ins ... only backrests need to be bolted. Might be ruining a perfect track car but surely weight of bits you cannot haul out for odd DE events (as you have your spec racer) couldn't make that much difference. Price right and a real option as long as GT3 registered as 4 seater in US.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:27 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CC911
Dell

Why are you so against putting a set of belts in the back of a 6 Gt3? I'm lead to believe all the mountings are there and its simply a case of bolting it in. Even seats are velcro stick ins ... only backrests need to be bolted. Might be ruining a perfect track car but surely weight of bits you cannot haul out for odd DE events (as you have your spec racer) couldn't make that much difference. Price right and a real option as long as GT3 registered as 4 seater in US.
Very simple. It wasn't delivered from the factory that way. If for some reason I had a bad accident on the road with the kids in the car, the last thing I need is for the insurance company to come back with, that car does NOT come with back seats, CLAIM DENIED. Not a risk I am going to take.

WIth a dedicated race car and a turbo for the street, I don't need a GT3. If the garage space was there (it isn't) and the wallet was there, I'd get a GT3 as well
Old 02-18-2010, 09:46 AM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Very simple. It wasn't delivered from the factory that way. If for some reason I had a bad accident on the road with the kids in the car, the last thing I need is for the insurance company to come back with, that car does NOT come with back seats, CLAIM DENIED. Not a risk I am going to take.

WIth a dedicated race car and a turbo for the street, I don't need a GT3. If the garage space was there (it isn't) and the wallet was there, I'd get a GT3 as well
^ I totally agree....installing rear seats and belts aftermarket is too much safety and insurance risk. The 996TT is a helluva driver and a bargain as well.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:52 AM
CC911
Instructor

Makes sense. Not planning on doing it myself either. Best of luck finding the ideal car for you. I think having your racer and something you and your wife can drive every day is the ultimate "compromise".
Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Absolutely! We have the spec boxster race car, the Turbo for me, and the 996CAB for my wife. Perfect car for each application

Besides, we ALL know what would happen if I got my hands on another GT3.

Quick Reply: Forgive me my GT3 brothers for I have sinned......