Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 in Montreal. Best seats to watch the race?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:45 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tlarocque
Let's do it! Would be fun to put some faces with names.

How's the turbo, Dell? I had a pretty quick one a while back, kind-of wish I would have kept it.
Absolutely love it! I finally have the garage I could have only dreamed of......

Turbo for me, CAB for wife, and Spec Boxster for track.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

Let's see a pic of them all lined up.....
Old 03-30-2010, 11:59 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Hopefully this weekend. I'm waiting for the race shop to bring the car back to me after the graphics install.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 PM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

I'll be there.

Grandstand 11 -- I've been several time in the past and have found this to be Primo.

I would LOVE to meet fellow RennListers.

fred
Old 04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
jaygt911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everybody, new to the forums here.

Had a couple of quick questions about the Montreal GP and the city of Montreal in general.

First of all, I am currently settling my reservations for a hotel right outside the city in Brossard, (1) I wanted to know about transportation from Brossard to the GP & downtown Montreal, is there a good subway system or would you recommend renting a car for the weekend?

Also, (2) I wanted to know about Montreal at night and if there is any places I should stay away from and places I should definitely go to. (3) should I not be walking around downtown at 4am? lol

(4) Lastly, How are the section 8 seats in Grandstand 24 Row GG. Just bought mine there, was hoping to get a little insight on what the experience will be like. This is my first GP of many to come!

Thanks again hope to see some of you out in Montreal!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygt911
Hey everybody, new to the forums here.

Had a couple of quick questions about the Montreal GP and the city of Montreal in general.

First of all, I am currently settling my reservations for a hotel right outside the city in Brossard, (1) I wanted to know about transportation from Brossard to the GP & downtown Montreal, is there a good subway system or would you recommend renting a car for the weekend?

Also, (2) I wanted to know about Montreal at night and if there is any places I should stay away from and places I should definitely go to. (3) should I not be walking around downtown at 4am? lol

(4) Lastly, How are the section 8 seats in Grandstand 24 Row GG. Just bought mine there, was hoping to get a little insight on what the experience will be like. This is my first GP of many to come!

Thanks again hope to see some of you out in Montreal!
Brossard is off island to the south of Montreal. (South Shore). You'd be best to take a 15-20 min. cab ride to the Longueuil metro station and get off at the first stop called Ile St Helene (island). From there, you walk it all the way to Ile Notre Dame where the track is located. You won't miss it, just follow the crowd. Long story short, renting a car to get to the GP a big no-no as there is no parking on the island.

Montreal at night especially during the GP is fabulous. You'll want to head off to Crescent street (between Sherbrooke and St. Catherine st.) if in search if a hotspot. Street is normally closed off and there is plenty of good looking people around, with clubs, lounges, and restos for every taste. Very safe even at 4am.

I'm certain you will love Montreal.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:58 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

jaygt911,

Concerning seats in grandstand 24... you will love that.

Seeing the cars coming in for the hairpin at nearly 300km/h, hard on the (glowing) brakes, fertile passing action and incidents (coming in too hot), and accelerating out at full song. You've chosen a very good spot. All race series that weekend will yield good entertainment in that area.

Also, not far from the exit/entrance to the metro. You will have the sun at your back so your face won't get grilled. Bring sunblock for your neck. Sun goes up on your right and sets on your left.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

It it June yet???
Old 04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great seat choice - where we sat, and MAN it was incredible and awe inspiring...the braking W O W
Old 04-15-2010, 06:07 PM
LeBrown
6th Gear

Wink

I just got my tickets yesterday and am CAN'T WAIT for the race weekend. Been a loooooong time F1 fan and this is going to be my first F1 race. Got tickets in stand 24, section 9. It was between 11, 12, and 24 and I finally settled on the latter. Are these seats good? Will there be any trees or TV screens blocking our sight?

I'll be there with my brother (I'm live in Florida and he's from NC), and we definitely plan on partying it up, if anyone else is interested. We would love to hang out with other hard core F1 fans!

Lemme know if you guys wanna meet up for a beer...or 10.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:41 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

LeBrown......There are several of us from NC coming up! Check out this other thread I started about meeting up for a beer.

LINK
Old 04-15-2010, 07:05 PM
LeBrown
6th Gear

Dell - Cool, I'll add my trip details to the other thread. However, going back to the question about seats, what section and row did you get in GS 21? As I had mentioned, I had GS 24, Section 9, Row E, but after seeing all the posts, it seems GS 21 would be better, so I cancelled my tickets.

What are your thoughts on GS 21 and 24? I called them and they said that they had tickets available in Sections 6, 7, 8, and 9 in GS 21. Also, are the lower seats better or would the views be better if you sat higher?

I also saw a post by someone who said that the cars are out of sight if you're not in the first 3 - 4 rows in GS 24. However, those rows have the fencing, so I'm not sure of what to do, i.e., go with lower rows in GS 24 (they have some available in section 9...which is away from the hairpin) or go with GS 21?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:13 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LeBrown
I just got my tickets yesterday and am CAN'T WAIT for the race weekend. Been a loooooong time F1 fan and this is going to be my first F1 race. Got tickets in stand 24, section 9. It was between 11, 12, and 24 and I finally settled on the latter. Are these seats good? Will there be any trees or TV screens blocking our sight?

I'll be there with my brother (I'm live in Florida and he's from NC), and we definitely plan on partying it up, if anyone else is interested. We would love to hang out with other hard core F1 fans!

Lemme know if you guys wanna meet up for a beer...or 10.
No trees or screens blocking your view. See my post #67 in this thread.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:54 PM
LeBrown
6th Gear

Great, thanks!

However, I'm still not sure if I should get seats in GS 21 or GS 24. I'm getting some great seats in GS 21, Section 8 or 9 (closer to the hairpin) whereas for GS 24, I've read some comments about the cars not be visible for a bit after they exit the hairpin. Also, I was thinking of getting seats in the first 3 rows, but am not sure if the fencing is a big hindrance or not.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LeBrown
Great, thanks!

However, I'm still not sure if I should get seats in GS 21 or GS 24. I'm getting some great seats in GS 21, Section 8 or 9 (closer to the hairpin) whereas for GS 24, I've read some comments about the cars not be visible for a bit after they exit the hairpin. Also, I was thinking of getting seats in the first 3 rows, but am not sure if the fencing is a big hindrance or not.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
IMO, 21 good but 24 slightly better. At GS21 the cars are still flying in at great speed.
The lower you are seated the greater the sense and appreciation of speed. With that said, very slight chance of obstruction by the guardrail, frequent pedestrian traffic on GS walkway and sometimes annoying security guard parked in front of you.
Don't sweat this. Your first F1 experience will give you goose bumps in either 21 or 24.

Quick Reply: F1 in Montreal. Best seats to watch the race?