Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RSS Roll cage install

Anyone know of any instructions or posts for the 1/2 cage? Do I need to drill? Thanks in advance!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 10-19-2009, 10:57 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I installed one on my own in 3-4 hours with only 2 minutes of assistance from my wife to get the bar IN the car.

No drilling required !

The only slight intrusion to the car lies in the trimming of the interior plastic stiffener under a plastic trim located at the back of the door sill. NOTE that the trimming in question happens on the INSIDE of the plastic sill/cowl and is INVISIBLE once done. This also needs to be done with the Tequipment bar.

The remainder of the exercise is straight bolt-in and comes with all the appropriate hardware for the installation.

After 3 months of pothole filled street use, the bar remains totally squeak free.

Another pointer for you.... disconnect the battery before you take out the seats, or you may trigger the airbag light after disconnecting the seatbelt latch electrical connector.

Important... do not skip the step of trimming the plastic sill cowl stiffener ! Trying to save time by not doing this will cost much grief in the final fitting and result in a substandard installation as well.

There is a video on Youtube that goes through all the required steps to follow to install a (Tequipment) bar. You will have to follow essentially the same steps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2eZ...rom=PL&index=1

David
Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DHI
I installed one on my own in 3-4 hours with only 2 minutes of assistance from my wife to get the bar IN the car.

No drilling required !

The only slight intrusion to the car lies in the trimming of the interior plastic stiffener under a plastic trim located at the back of the door sill. NOTE that the trimming in question happens on the INSIDE of the plastic sill/cowl and is INVISIBLE once done. This also needs to be done with the Tequipment bar.

The remainder of the exercise is straight bolt-in and comes with all the appropriate hardware for the installation.

After 3 months of pothole filled street use, the bar remains totally squeak free.

Another pointer for you.... disconnect the battery before you take out the seats, or you may trigger the airbag light after disconnecting the seatbelt latch electrical connector.

Important... do not skip the step of trimming the plastic sill cowl stiffener ! Trying to save time by not doing this will cost much grief in the final fitting and result in a substandard installation as well.

There is a video on Youtube that goes through all the required steps to follow to install a (Tequipment) bar. You will have to follow essentially the same steps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2eZ...rom=PL&index=1

David
Awesome David! Just what I needed. Thanks! Roger
Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 PM
agu845
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what does one of these cages cost, please

Quick Reply: RSS Roll cage install