Sponsored by:

04' GT3 White/Black w/16K Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by cbennettus
Holger, $55K for a full leather, full factory carbon fiber interior car with 16K miles is quite the low ball price, wouldn't you say? Particularly when a WRECKED GT3 that had been repaired pulled $45K here on the board.
I can only go by my experience from selling a one-owner, full leather, 19k mile car, with some extras, in excellent condition, 2 months ago. Whether the full CF is worth much is up for debate.

As for asking prices on eBay and elsewhere, they mean nothing. Also, those auctions are easily manipulated (often why you see sold cars back again after the buyer "backed out").

I'm not trying to work against you getting best possible price, just calibrating against my recent research and experience. If you've got the time, maybe you can extract the most value by waiting for the perfect buyer.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Why do you guys feel entitled to comment on asking prices in for sale threads?

Have we all forgotten the Martin Bishop thread already?

What is the up-side to doing this?

All these posts about is the price realistic, I sold mine for $$$, etc serve only to stress out the seller. One might say (and I do say) you are ****ting on his thread.

Let the man sell his car the way he wants to, if he wants advice on pricing he will ask.

Nice car, I hope you sell it. Maybe ask the mods to delete all the irrelevant posts in your thread or start a new one. Maybe on a another forum...
Old 10-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Backmarker
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

All these posts about is the price realistic, I sold mine for $$$, etc serve only to stress out the seller. One might say (and I do say) you are ****ting on his thread.

Let the man sell his car the way he wants to, if he wants advice on pricing he will ask.

Nice car, I hope you sell it. Maybe ask the mods to delete all the irrelevant posts in your thread or start a new one. Maybe on a another forum...
Old 10-15-2009, 08:36 PM
cbennettus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mind the feedback, but it would be way more appropriate and polite to be sending PM's. There is zero reason to set expectations that a great car somebody has never seen is worth only $55K. That's a bunch of crap.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:29 AM
pplace993
Intermediate

On eBay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/996-9...item35a4116321

2004 in blue with 28K miles. Bids are already $54K.

"This well equipped 911 GT3 features an Aerospace clear bra to protect from stone chips on both the nose and fenders. As the ultimate driver's 911, this 996 GT3 is complimented by the GT3 Cup car seat in matching Natural Brown leather. A 6 point harness, Porsche factory roll bar, and fire extinguisher have been also been added. The original seat, shift **** and hand brake trim come with the car and are in outstanding condition. "

And it's a track car with no carbon fiber interior.
Rare color!! Not a fan of the interior color on a GT3, maybe on a turbo! Very nice looking car!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 AM
pplace993
Intermediate

And another... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item45eead96c6

2004 with 13K miles. A lightly optioned car with only Xenon, Crest on wheels, Stainless Steel door sills, Sport/Thicker Steering wheel.

$62.5K

-Curt
This car has been on Ebay for a while, & will more than likely be on here much longer priced at 62.5.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:53 PM
jetprop
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Backmarker

Amen.

Btw, the blue car on ebay is mine & is well documented with three owners here.

Quick Reply: 04' GT3 White/Black w/16K Miles