Sponsored by:

Tow Vehicle BMW X5 3.0 or Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 10:35 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
best car beside my GT3 is my GMC 2500HD. thinking of buying another 3500 dually. why ? i dont know. i'll take that over my pepper GTS any day. i love trucks now.
LOL, me too.

I love my truck. I can bring anything I want to the track now. During the event it serves as my office/storage dump.

It's reasonably comfortable. Doesn't get even close to a nice sedan like the M3 but does pretty well compared to another SUV.

The sound of diesel kicks ***. Somehow I end up turning on the Country music stations on the XM radio.

Bringing it downtown is a PITA but after a big snowstorm it's fun. I claim all the parking spots inaccessible to other cars by crushing the snow under the truck.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:44 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

It's reasonably comfortable. Doesn't get even close to a nice sedan like the M3 but does pretty well compared to another SUV.
==> did you get SLE or SLT? the top of the line trim is right on par with M3!

The sound of diesel kicks ***. Somehow I end up turning on the Country music stations on the XM radio.
==> you need BANKS power, that's music

Bringing it downtown is a PITA b
==> that's what i thought. i can't park the thing and i look like an accident waiting to happen in the office parking lot, everyone just let me park wherever i want and they stay far far far away from me.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:49 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Mine is an SLE. The interior is pretty nice. I can't complain. I was talking about the quality of the ride on bumpy roads. A well made car will always win as it doesn't need to struggle to keep itself from tipping over or carrying 3/4 ton of load. Bigger vehicle like SUVs and pickups always lose in that regard.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by amaist
Mine is an SLE. The interior is pretty nice. I can't complain. I was talking about the quality of the ride on bumpy roads. A well made car will always win as it doesn't need to struggle to keep itself from tipping over or carrying 3/4 ton of load. Bigger vehicle like SUVs and pickups always lose in that regard.
ah... yes the ride...
i didn't like it. so i put in bilstein HD, you can also do bilstein 5100. they are cheap. $75 a corner. it made a tremendous improvement. not smooth like M3 or RS4, but much much better than OEM pogostick.

and you also need titan tank, so you can make it down to CA with one tank ;-)
i got 52 gal, oh so nice.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:30 AM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mooty
ah... yes the ride...
i didn't like it. so i put in bilstein HD, you can also do bilstein 5100. they are cheap. $75 a corner. it made a tremendous improvement. not smooth like M3 or RS4, but much much better than OEM pogostick.

and you also need titan tank, so you can make it down to CA with one tank ;-)
i got 52 gal, oh so nice.
Titan tank, eh? Would be nice to only need to stop because the large Coke worked its way down and not because the truck needs more juice.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:35 PM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Off Topic.

Quick Reply: Tow Vehicle BMW X5 3.0 or Cayenne