Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help a GT3 guy: *1* Pagid Yellow front pad needed - just 1 !

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by GG3
Thas Me were'r talkin bout....
Sorry Guys.. I shoulda known better...was a hard week that week... I did the obligatory 8 60-80 mph stops.. then in the evenin did about 6-8 more 100 mph stops.. and smoked a rear..Pads were too tight in the capiler.... spent the next day grinding lining material away on a belt table.. 2 trips to the shop and 3 skinned knuckles later the rears had enough clearance to work right .. all is good..thought the brakes were a bit noisy..And after listning to all U guys complaining on these forums about track pads being too noisy I was thinkin what the hell I'll put up with the noise.....
Anyway after all that i did a short track day with it that way too.. a tight slower place that aint too hard on brakes.....I did 3 sessions, probably 30-40 min runnin time...only problem seemed like the ABS was confused goin in to some of the corners...mostly blind off camber types..to be expected i spose..How do ya turn them things off anyway ..The ABS? I'm from the old asbestos school and not used to havein the car thinkin for me...Hell its been 25 yrs since I've done any o this kinda stuff..I'm learnin all over again n havein a Ball....
Anyways I need One Front PAGID YELLOW Pad...996 GT3 Front... or a bunch a 1/2 used ones I could Rotate..
Or Craig see what ya can find out from the Pagid guys...I'm sposed ta be runnin again on July 21.. so I got a little time yet...

Thaks for the thoughts
GG
I do not know you personally but just reading about this event makes me not want to share the same track with you. I am not trying to pick a fight or anything but I personally take life safety very serious. Please, always, double and triple check and TECH your car. It is for your well being and for those around you.

Anyway, my 2 cents about the whole situation. I am glad you found your pad and will pray for your safety.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:19 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have true stories of cars who have run major races with pads installed backwards - 24 hrs. of Nurburgring BMW for example. **** happens.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah, I don't think running a pad backwards is that uncommon. The driver (who's quite a competitive racer by the way) did not feel the brakes were terrible in that configuration either, nor was he much slower than his normal pace. When it comes down to it, one of the pads being backwards on one rotor would decrease brake torque on that one wheel maybe what 20%? In the grand scheme of things, an under inflated tire or loose wheel bolts or the like can be a bigger cause for concern, and more common IMO.

Last edited by Ahmet; 07-08-2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-16-2009, 06:25 PM
GG3
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Inverterman ..
I've been pretty safe over the yrs...
Back in 66, I Put a 912 in the ditch in the middle of the nite dodgin a Porquepine on a narrow rd, Mid 80's, Got knocked off at turn one once by an over anxious late braker on my inside..have traded paint and tire marks a few times in some spirited battles tho.....unless ya count 1/2 a tire off enough to make dust, I've been off the traveled way 2 times in my entire life..drivin everything from 110,00# overloads to RSR's...I'm the guy that most feel comfy drivin close to on the tracks...And I've got a pretty good pile a trophys ta prove it (over 150 TTOD's, 1st's, Campionships, etc) Anyways...

This thread must be ready ta close...

I got the new Pad in and Bedded in and am ready ta go...
The Old Rotor wasnt that bad.. could probably machine it and reuse it if ineeded for an emergency..
Thanks to all who tried to find the one Pad for me...
... And Thanks Craig.. Ya got the job done... ;-)
GG3
Old 07-16-2009, 06:38 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You bet, chit happens and glad to help a guy who was at the track when I was in diapers ;-)
Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you in Seattle? GG
Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 PM
GG3
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Roberga

Think I've met ya at Portland before...
I'm that Olefogey that comes down ta play once inna while
I come down from east of Portland.. be there tues the 21st Ya comin down?

Quick Reply: Help a GT3 guy: *1* Pagid Yellow front pad needed - just 1 !