Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PowerFlex bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 09:47 PM
fepat55
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the powerflex bushings in my BMW x5. I really liked how they were a bit softer than the original bushes. i never had the vehicle to see how long they lasted. Additionally they may squeak. Mine didn't but we used a grease on them . I think they are a great option if you can get them.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:58 AM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Bumping an old thread - AGAIN...

I've used Powerflex multiple times on my BMW's with positive results. The street bushings are more firm than stock BMW but not practically solid like most "race" poly bushings. Has anyone taken the plunge on these for their GT3? I'd like to refresh the suspension on my 60K car. I daily drive it and only see the track a few times per year. I would do all the work myself except for the alignment.

Seen this kit from the UK.

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod12...996-PowerFlex/
Old 08-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Jack Wood
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I bought my 6GT3 with these fitted on the LCA's.
after a couple of trackdays there was fore and aft play in the front arms where the poly bush had started to get chewed up.
We were in a rush, so replaced them with like-for-like in the existing arms.
After another 8 months/8k miles they were chewed up again on the inner pickup of the LCA's and the arms had the same fore and aft play.
I've now ditched them and put the RSS monoball cartridges in all round. I was expecting knocking and vibration with the monoballs, but have to say I am pleasantly surprised with how good they feel. A little more road noise, but that's about it. Whole car feels a lot sharper both front and rear though. Though we did add the RSS caster pucks front and rear at the same time, so that could have something to do with it..
Basically, I wouldn't bother with, or recommend the poly bush kit on the 6GT3.
Jack
Old 08-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Wood
Hi,
I bought my 6GT3 with these fitted on the LCA's.
after a couple of trackdays there was fore and aft play in the front arms where the poly bush had started to get chewed up.
We were in a rush, so replaced them with like-for-like in the existing arms.
After another 8 months/8k miles they were chewed up again on the inner pickup of the LCA's and the arms had the same fore and aft play.
I've now ditched them and put the RSS monoball cartridges in all round. I was expecting knocking and vibration with the monoballs, but have to say I am pleasantly surprised with how good they feel. A little more road noise, but that's about it. Whole car feels a lot sharper both front and rear though. Though we did add the RSS caster pucks front and rear at the same time, so that could have something to do with it..
Basically, I wouldn't bother with, or recommend the poly bush kit on the 6GT3.
Jack
Did you use the Purple street bushings, or black track day/race bushings?
Old 04-01-2021, 12:45 AM
Jeffery Chen
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@Fabspeed
Did you use the Purple street bushings, or black track day/race bushings?

reads like he used Polybush brand. Please clarify

Quick Reply: PowerFlex bushings