Sponsored by:

Embarrased...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:27 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Embarrased...

So I went to Beverly Hills to get my annual oil change on my garage queen yesterday, '04 with just over 4k miles When it was done, the tech has just given the key to the service advisor and was standing there. They told me the sway bar nut was missing and asked if I have heard unusual noises or the way it drives... Truth is, I have always heard clunking noises when going on driveways but i thought it was just the springs settling. And I have noticed the car is a bit nervous on freeways but I thought it was normal or just the roads... So all these times I have been driving with a loose sway bar and I didn't even know. My wife has complained few times of all the noises the car makes but I told her its normal

Anyways, on the way home, the car drives so much better and no more clunking noise going on driveway

Lastly, I think Beverly Hills deserves my recommendation for service since I was only there for an oil change but the the tech noticed something wrong and fixed it for me. Although it was just a nut, I wasn't charged nor did the paperwork show they are billing Porsche. The service advisor is Erik Patino and the tech is Doug Mace.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:31 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice to hear positive comments about a Porsche dealership.

Yes, the GT3 is somewhat noisy and many owners did have an issue with front anti roll bar fastners coming loose from the factory.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

You must really love the car now that they fixed the unbeknownst-to-you problem.

Good catch by the tech.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:22 PM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes i know that the dealers are not cheap for any work, but my service advisor, Rafael Monteagudo and head tech Brad, at the Collection in Miami are great people to deal with and I recommend them highly. i even receive follow-up emails from Brad wanting to know how the car is after he works on it. great experience overall.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:02 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good story. Places that take pride in noticing things works well for BOTH parties -
Pride in the job and thoroughness are admirable qualities.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Sway bar links seem to come loose pretty often. Especially with track use. I try to check them everytime the wheels are off. Which seems like about every day at the moment.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:19 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lost a link off my TRG rear bar - $50 beauty....vanished, first session out of a track day.
Car handled pretty weird (duh) so I parked it and watched, aaargh. My fault.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

It may be NO NO but I installed lock washers on my GT3 sway bar bolts right after they came loose the 1st time and never had another problem over 25,000 miles. I would also like to thank Porsche of Melbourne and the service manager Andy as whenever I bring my car in, which isn't often as I do most of my own work, they always give it a through inspection.

Peter

Quick Reply: Embarrased...