Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for some stuff/opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for some stuff/opinions??

Need a new set of toe links, I know of someone who works on these cars regularly and said that the toe links wear out so damn fast and not to bother with another set, but I need a set of solid toe links.. Which brand should I go with? Tarret, TRG, Porsche Motorsports, GMG there are so many damn options.. Opinions?

Also, my pads are about done on my car and I need a new set plus spare set, I am finishing up the RS19 Pagid Yellows, I know RS29's are suppose to be "better" but then I also read if you are use to the 19's, stick to them.. Why? Then I know people who mix and match front and rear pads. This will be for the GT3 steel cup rotors on my GT2, opinions?

Where are the best prices to order these as well as my shop usually does for me but im sure i'm paying much more :/

Martin
Old 02-12-2009, 08:47 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I went with PMNA and they were the cat's ***.

Have you ever run the PFC pads? As well, they are the cat's ***.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:56 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the ERP and they have bump adjustment.

+1 for PFCs!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by LVDell
I went with PMNA and they were the cat's ***.

Have you ever run the PFC pads? As well, they are the cat's ***.
Dell, how long does it take to get those from PMNA? Who can get them as well??

Never ran PFC's!

Originally Posted by va122
I have the ERP and they have bump adjustment.

+1 for PFCs!
Where did you pick these up? Looking for options!

PFV 97's?? Seems that is the comparable pad to the Pagid.. Where can I get them , best deal/place to get a set of front/rears??

Thanks guys
Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

I have the TRG toe links and Pagid RS19 Yellow pads on the front and RS14 Black pads on the rear.

It's all good.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:42 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
I have the TRG toe links and Pagid RS19 Yellow pads on the front and RS14 Black pads on the rear.

It's all good.
What is the advantage of running the RS14 blacks on the rear??
Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 PM
va122
Drifting

Hey Martin,

most shops charge a little extra for parts to cover shipping and some profit. You can get them yourself but some shops won't warranty their work if you do. However if you order from out of state you can save the costly NY tax (I'm from NYC too) but you bite it with shipping.

PMNA probably has them in stock. Unfortunately you need an account to order from them and they only take cash/check. PITA but they're local to me. The PMNA ones can be a bit of a pain to adjust.

I got my ERPs from Jae Lee at Mirage intl. Again local.

The PFC 97's are the endurance compound similar but in my opinion far superior to the RS19's/29s (the 29s replaced the 19s) I use them all around, but you could use the 01's in the rear for more rear brake bias. The advantage is that the POS (piece of S...) cup rotors last much longer. Be aware though that the 97's have been replaced by the 06's that share some of the characteristics of the 01s that are similar to the RS14 Black. You can contact Dave Bottom at Arlan motorsport (again CA)

GMG, TRG and RSS, taret, PMNA (all CA) All sell toe links and they are practically the same. You want the ones that have bump adjustment. They are about 500$. They can also get you the PFCs

I get a lot of parts from Viperbob (Vortex Motorsport) in Tampa, I've known him for a while and is a great guy. I'm sure you'll get the rennlist discount.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 for PFC's. I just put them on the GT3 and I am loving them so far. The 06 compound seems like a nice compromise for the GT3. Right in between the 97 and 01 compound.

I bought mine from OG racing.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by va122
Hey Martin,

most shops charge a little extra for parts to cover shipping and some profit. You can get them yourself but some shops won't warranty their work if you do. However if you order from out of state you can save the costly NY tax (I'm from NYC too) but you bite it with shipping.

PMNA probably has them in stock. Unfortunately you need an account to order from them and they only take cash/check. PITA but they're local to me. The PMNA ones can be a bit of a pain to adjust.

I got my ERPs from Jae Lee at Mirage intl. Again local.

The PFC 97's are the endurance compound similar but in my opinion far superior to the RS19's/29s (the 29s replaced the 19s) I use them all around, but you could use the 01's in the rear for more rear brake bias. The advantage is that the POS (piece of S...) cup rotors last much longer. Be aware though that the 97's have been replaced by the 06's that share some of the characteristics of the 01s that are similar to the RS14 Black. You can contact Dave Bottom at Arlan motorsport (again CA)

GMG, TRG and RSS, taret, PMNA (all CA) All sell toe links and they are practically the same. You want the ones that have bump adjustment. They are about 500$. They can also get you the PFCs

I get a lot of parts from Viperbob (Vortex Motorsport) in Tampa, I've known him for a while and is a great guy. I'm sure you'll get the rennlist discount.
Awesome man.. Usually I am the wealth of knowledge with everything, but I rather get this right off the bat and switch it up, rather then all of the trial and error I am unfortunately use to :/

I will contact Viperbob then for the parts I am looking for.. I am sure he can get me the toe links too then.

So as a final decision, go with the PFC 97's?? I want somethign as similar to the RS19/29's as possible, as I wont have any time with them and their braking characteristics going into my March VIR event..

Maybe I should just stick with RS29's? Sorry to be confusing, I am soaking up everything you guy's suggest though. I guess now is the research part, time is coming up and I have to get on the ball..

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
+1 for PFC's. I just put them on the GT3 and I am loving them so far. The 06 compound seems like a nice compromise for the GT3. Right in between the 97 and 01 compound.

I bought mine from OG racing.
Thanks man, So you have the 06 compound or 97?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by iLLM3

Thanks man, So you have the 06 compound or 97?
I just put the 06 compound on the GT3. I have run the 97's on my 964. They are a great pad but they're very hard. I forgot to mention that the PFC's are pretty much a track pad, so they are pretty loud on the street. Not sure how you are using your car.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:51 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
I just put the 06 compound on the GT3. I have run the 97's on my 964. They are a great pad but they're very hard. I forgot to mention that the PFC's are pretty much a track pad, so they are pretty loud on the street. Not sure how you are using your car.
Ahh I see... Sounds like I have too many questions in regards to which pad setup will suit me better, might skip the hassle and go with what i'm use to..

Car is pretty much straight up track this season.. Really dialing in my triple adjustable motons, have all solid mounts except for those damn toe links for the most part (and RSR carriers).. Car is already loud, clanky and stiff, I drive it on occasional runs and when I want to have fun, i'll blast around some back roads for a little bit. My Pagid's are loud on the street so it doesn't bother me that any other will be as well..
Old 02-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Then I might recommend trying a set of PFC's. You don't have to bed them and I think they are a great pad. There are some good write ups on here from Seth Thomas and Dell on the PFC product.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:33 AM
va122
Drifting

Hey, I rarely drive it on the street and I can attest the 97's are noisy. I also have the PFC motorsport rotors, I would highly recomend the set up. I personally would like the pads to heat up faster but i barely touch the brake. They do heat up faster then the RS19s

However, with the motons you can set the car up to ride like a caddy if you like.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:51 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry for being late to the party after my last post yesterday.....life of a Dad with a 1 year old

Anyway, like I said, I went with the PMNA toe arms and they are a great product and have bump steer adjustment. I had the TRG ones prior but they did NOT have bump steer adjusters and when the car got lowered, adjustable was a must.

Pads. Where do I start. I have tried EVERYTHING in the Pagid and PFC line and at the end of the day there is NOTHING that performs like the PFC pads, period. The 97 pad is similar to the 19/29's. The 01 pads are like the 14's and the new 06 pad is the cat's ***!!! Wear characteristics of the 97 and bite of the 01.

You can run the PFC past 1/2 way unlike the Pagid and you do not have to ped the pads like the Pagid. Not a big deal but a great feature. But those do not have any effect on my decision. It came down to braking. Anybody that has gone out with me in the right seat can attest to my statements. I brake deep, hard, and trailbrake the crap out of the car and there is no pad that gave me the control that PFC does.

But like everything (oil, tires, exhaust types, etc) it all comes down to the individual and what you feel most confident with since ALOT of this sport has NOTHING to do with equipment but rather your confidence to drive the car.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:29 AM
va122
Drifting

What the cat's *** said

But like everything (oil, tires, exhaust types, etc) it all comes down to the individual and what you feel most confident with since ALOT of this sport has NOTHING to do with equipment but rather your confidence to drive the car.

I've used many different permutations and settled on the PFC's for the reasons Dell mentioned, but in truth it's up to you. Some drivers like initial bite some like the opposite. They all stop the car.

Another option is Gyrodisc, by RSS. They did a lot of development work and great success in Koni and GA.

Quick Reply: Looking for some stuff/opinions??