Sponsored by:

RS14 rears with RS29 fronts

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:21 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

That's what we're here for.

I would definitely try Pagid and PFC to determine what you like best. They are TOTALLY different. IT all depends on your breaking style, how you modulate the brakes, and what you look for in feel.

When you say you have a set of RS 14's (Pagid's I assume).....are you talking brand new and all 4 corners?
Old 01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+10!

Hawk is NOT equal to the performance of Pagid or PFC....period. Decent pad for the money but not on the same playing field.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes- It looks like I have the Pagid RS 14- front & rear- same compound. Fronts have been bedded previously- (slight marbled look to pad surface- I hope OK - I don't know Pagid- probably 3-4 track sessions) and a new set in the box for rears. I see all the forum stuff about running mixed compounds- but these came with my purchase and I figure I will sort them out as well as car set up/ sway bars etc when the time comes. I brake early- My philosphy is " control your corner entry so you can control your corner exit". I tend to late apex (my previous life is with big HP 930) so I can unwind wheel sooner to put power down . I never had a race car with ABS- this will all be new. I don't expect to lean on electronics-
I plan on putting on Cup brake ducts- speed bleeders on the way ( I like them- they figured out GT3 application with my help!) and Motul 600. Stock rotors to begin- then probably Demans slotted but those new Brembo Floating look BEAUTIFUL..
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I ran the RS14's all the way around and unless you like to brake REALLY late and really get on the binders, then I don't see you getting enough heat in them. The RS19 application would be better for you.

Same in the PFC line which I absolutely love and will NEVER go back to Pagid after running PFC for some time. I have run the PFC 97, 01, and 06. The 97 would be similar to the RS 19 and the 01 would be slotted between the RS14 and 15. The 06 would be slotted between the RS19 and 14. But the feel and modulation of the PFC is second to none. Pagid are good but the PFC gaveme the confidence of the hand of God stopping and controlling my car
Old 01-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Interesting - PFC- Oh I will be getting enough heat into the pads- Performance friction have a great reputation - I believe they offer some pre- bedded applications- RTU- I like that idea- I hate bedding pads.

Last edited by Gofishracing; 01-12-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:20 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

PFC rocks for that as well. No bedding required. I just take a lap or two to get them to heat gradually and then BLAM! time to stop like nothing else.

If you ever come down to VIR let me know and I'll head out with you. Can get a better idea of your braking needs by really checking out your braking style. Trust me, getting heat into the brakes is one thing but getting your pad to match you consistent operating temp under braking is another. Have you had a brake temp paint application done yet?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:00 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Correct...... the PFC's (and all the other pad combos) were run on my 996GT3.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Hawk DTC compound might surprise you- worth the try- andrew-racing.com
Old 01-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Yes- It looks like I have the Pagid RS 14- front & rear- same compound. Fronts have been bedded previously- (slight marbled look to pad surface- I hope OK - I don't know Pagid- probably 3-4 track sessions) and a new set in the box for rears. I see all the forum stuff about running mixed compounds- but these came with my purchase and I figure I will sort them out as well as car set up/ sway bars etc when the time comes. I brake early- My philosphy is " control your corner entry so you can control your corner exit". I tend to late apex (my previous life is with big HP 930) so I can unwind wheel sooner to put power down . I never had a race car with ABS- this will all be new. I don't expect to lean on electronics-
I plan on putting on Cup brake ducts- speed bleeders on the way ( I like them- they figured out GT3 application with my help!) and Motul 600. Stock rotors to begin- then probably Demans slotted but those new Brembo Floating look BEAUTIFUL..
I told you that I used them for 1 session at the Glen.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:00 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
Hawk DTC compound might surprise you- worth the try- andrew-racing.com
I admire your zeal but I would be wasting money on a subpar product compared to Pagid or PFC. Trust me, I have tried everything under the sun and have been working with engineers and mechanics from race teams and not a single one has ever suggested Hawk over Pagid or PFC (unless of course there is money in it for them).
Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
I admire your zeal but I would be wasting money on a subpar product compared to Pagid or PFC. Trust me, I have tried everything under the sun and have been working with engineers and mechanics from race teams and not a single one has ever suggested Hawk over Pagid or PFC (unless of course there is money in it for them).
I already told Bob that when I sold him the car and gave him the brand new Pagid blacks. Oh well, he'll figure it out.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:07 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

They always do.....including me I humbly say
Old 01-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

They always do.....including me I humbly say
It took me about $20,000 worth of "upgrade" money to sort out Bob's GT3. I wish I had listened to my friends. I am humble now! (I didn't recoup my "tuition")
Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

We live and learn don't we? Hopefully, some of the new guys to the GT3 fraternity learn from our experiences.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

We live and learn don't we? Hopefully, some of the new guys to the GT3 fraternity learn from our experiences.
I am not thinking that is going to happen here. Some people are just convinced that they know better.

Missing your GT3 yet? I certainly am. I will get a 997 GT3 (or RS) when this economy settles out.

Quick Reply: RS14 rears with RS29 fronts