Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life is good with the GT3 at the track-pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008 | 01:38 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Cool Life is good with the GT3 at the track-pics

I love this car and when driving her on the track it helps you forget about any problems in life. Good times.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-14-2008 | 01:45 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Come on Joe!!!! Where's the action shots??!?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 11-14-2008 | 01:46 PM
Jetmech
Racer

How are you liking the Nitto tires. have you used others tires your evaluation would be greatly appreciated. I am still a Hoosier fan, but always looking for other suggestions.
Old 11-14-2008 | 01:56 PM
Jetmech
Racer

I think he just likes driving to the track, and looking like he tracks the car, but really doesn't.

just a little humor....nothing personal.
Old 11-14-2008 | 01:57 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Personally, I liked the Nitto's and for the money you can't beat 'em. I got something like 40 HC's out of a set and then they corded and were toast. With Hoosier's after about 16-18 HC's they dropped off significantly. Don't like the MPSC at all.

Personally, I like slicks the best. If it is a 100% track car and setup as such then for the money, slicks are the way to go.
Old 11-14-2008 | 01:58 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jetmech
I think he just likes driving to the track, and looking like he tracks the car, but really doesn't.

just a little humor....nothing personal.
If I find out he isn't tracking it I am flying out to California and taking the car back! One condition that I had when I sold the car to Joe was that he must ride here like a cheap ***** at the track and often
Old 11-14-2008 | 02:14 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

There was no photographer taking pics at the at the track that day and i was in the car driving so I could not take the pic, plus as a photographer i feel strange purchasing pics. All the action images are in my head and that's what counts the most. When I was at CA speedway there was a photog that posted pic for sale on his site, I just looked at the pics to see the attitude of the car.
I have used many sets of Nitto NT01's on my other car for the track and love the feel, grip, value, and longevity of heat cycles all the way down to the cords.
Plus I drive to and from the track and drive around down on them. Even run them in the rain street and track with my other car(awd wrx) have not tried them in the rain with the GT3 yet.
Joe
www.jmcphotos.com
Old 11-14-2008 | 02:32 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

I have had the car for two month to the day and have been to Button Willow three times and have also been to Ca Speedway and Willow Springs. Five track days in two months, I would like and have the opportunity for more track days but financially I need to focus on making the car payments and up keep.
Joe
Old 11-14-2008 | 02:33 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LVDell
Personally, I liked the Nitto's and for the money you can't beat 'em. I got something like 40 HC's out of a set and then they corded and were toast. With Hoosier's after about 16-18 HC's they dropped off significantly. Don't like the MPSC at all.

Personally, I like slicks the best. If it is a 100% track car and setup as such then for the money, slicks are the way to go.
Sorry to Hijack the thread but this is something I have been thinking a lot on lately. Most people here in Portland run Hoosiers and love them. From what I read though, you really need to be running 2.5- or more camber for them to start working good. I do a lot of DE's but also drive on the street quite a bit and would prefer a setup that is somewhat reasonable on tires.

So the question is: Is there enough performance gain with the Hoosiers over the Nittos to justify the faster wear and more aggressive alignment to make the Hoosiers work properly? If the Hoosiers are only worth 1-2 seconds, I'm really questioning whether I should bear the faster wear on the track and street. Not to mention the fact that I could drive to and from the track on Nittos (in a jam) and probably wouldn't on the Hoosiers.

Your thoughts?
Old 11-14-2008 | 03:10 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

I think you have said it all. How much is it worth to you to have those few seconds? I recommend that you try R6s only if you are willing to get addicted. If you are not interested in sliding down that slope, then don't tempt yourself. Same can be said for slicks. I don't know anyone who has tried a faster tire who is happy to go back to a lesser one.
Old 11-14-2008 | 04:21 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

That's right Chuck. I guess I know the stakes, I just need to decide if I wanna play.

I guess I'm just hesitant to jump on the Hoosier band wagon because as far as I can calculate, it's gonna be about twice as expensive to run Hoosiers. Not to mention the much quicker wear on my street tires due to the more aggressive alignment to make the Hoosiers work.
Old 11-14-2008 | 06:05 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
Sorry to Hijack the thread but this is something I have been thinking a lot on lately. Most people here in Portland run Hoosiers and love them. From what I read though, you really need to be running 2.5- or more camber for them to start working good. I do a lot of DE's but also drive on the street quite a bit and would prefer a setup that is somewhat reasonable on tires.

So the question is: Is there enough performance gain with the Hoosiers over the Nittos to justify the faster wear and more aggressive alignment to make the Hoosiers work properly? If the Hoosiers are only worth 1-2 seconds, I'm really questioning whether I should bear the faster wear on the track and street. Not to mention the fact that I could drive to and from the track on Nittos (in a jam) and probably wouldn't on the Hoosiers.

Your thoughts?
My thoughts are get the fastest tire you can afford to ALWAYS have and never have to settle for something less

Originally Posted by Chuck Price
I think you have said it all. How much is it worth to you to have those few seconds? I recommend that you try R6s only if you are willing to get addicted. If you are not interested in sliding down that slope, then don't tempt yourself. Same can be said for slicks. I don't know anyone who has tried a faster tire who is happy to go back to a lesser one.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
That's right Chuck. I guess I know the stakes, I just need to decide if I wanna play.

I guess I'm just hesitant to jump on the Hoosier band wagon because as far as I can calculate, it's gonna be about twice as expensive to run Hoosiers. Not to mention the much quicker wear on my street tires due to the more aggressive alignment to make the Hoosiers work.
I stared with street tires on the GT3 and then worked my way up the tire ladder. Street tires then Nittos then HooHoo's then slicks. There a reason somebody coined the term "gateway drug"
Old 11-14-2008 | 06:26 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Wow. Car looks awesome. Good stance. Looks like motons dropped the ride height of the car just about perfect. What size of Nittos are you on in the pictures?

As for the tires, I started off with street tires too. So far, used 2 sets of PS2, 1 set of MPSC, on my 2nd set of R888s and they are almost gone. Thinking of Nittos next. Because I drive the car to and from the track, Hoos are not an option.
Old 11-14-2008 | 06:28 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ken, it wasn't the Motons that dropped the car to the perfect height but rather my race shop that spent over a year totally getting that car dialed in PERFECTLY and me on track all the time giving them feedback!
Old 11-14-2008 | 06:41 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

That's awesome! I'm jealous. Hope the shop documented everything for the future reference. Synergy right? Gotta keep it in mind.

Quick Reply: Life is good with the GT3 at the track-pics