Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colby, I see you decided to take your toys and leave the sandbox.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
From the grapevine he didn't do bad at all. For a 1st timer to the track he posted respectable numbers. Regards. Mike ps- don't let your ego jack up skyhigh because of what I said Colby : )
LOL! Thanks Mike. Fortunately i was WELL short of anything fast enough to boost my ego. It would have taken a 2:05 my first time around to do that.

Last edited by Carnerd; 08-21-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey everybody it's the COLBY show!

Dell, quick, close the thread!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LVDell
Colby, you realize that closing a thread prohibits ANYBODY from posting to it in the future. Anybody that does a search and comes across it to either ask a question or contribute to it is now shut off. That my friend is the selfish aspect. If threads were closed when the OP got what they were looking for then NOBODY would be able to post much here.
Like i said, no further contribution needed. If someone wants to ask a question in the later future why not just make another thread?

Originally Posted by LVDell
And no, information here doesn't come at a price. This is the same ribbing (which you confuse with putting you down) you'd get if we were at a bar sharing beers and you said "guys, I wax my car over 17 times a year". Be glad nobody is ignoring you.

Lighten up and quit taking stuff so personal.
Again, point dually noted. Either develop a thicker skin or dont start threads. I got it.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 4-large
That is tooooo funny, The "question" that is really a "statement"?

Did you know how much to Wash & Wax?? and just posted that for our "Good Fun"?
If so, open it back up we were just getting started to have some fun
Thanks for that Jerry. I concede. Looking back on that thread i was actually curious what kind of exhaust that was as i've never seen a race exhaust that's not center section.

How'd you do in Time Trials?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnerd
As i've learned, academics call that cool solidarity.
Dell's an academic.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Dell, pleaseeeee don't close this thread.

Colby, be aware that even the non abrasive wax, if rubbed frequently will remove your paint thickness. The good news is that your car is Silver under that paint (j/k)
Old 08-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Dell, pleaseeeee don't close this thread.

Colby, be aware that even the non abrasive wax, if rubbed frequently will remove your paint thickness. The good news is that your car is Silver under that paint (j/k)
Rad what is frequently?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:44 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Rad what is frequently?
Porter Cable at 6,000 rpm for 10 minutes on the same spot with medium pressure
Old 08-21-2008, 08:14 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,419 Likes on 2,031 Posts

Wow, I'm late to the party.

Colby, don't take offense to these comments, they just like busting ***** every once in the while. You just happen to be this weeks "Poster of the week". At least you take your car to the track and are not "Poser of the week">

I keep my car clean and waxed as frequently as possible, but it really depends on how much down time I have between track events. The off season is usually when I get my car detailed and put on a good coat of wax, but rarely during the season. Mind you I'm in Socal and our off season is not very long at all.

Perhaps once every other month would be wise for a wax job or after a weekend track event to get the rubber marks off. In the meantime, I'd spend the time you used to wax and get underneath the car. Check out the nuts on the sway bars. Are they still tight, how about the brake ducts? Any cracks, clips or zip ties that are broken.

Clean out all the rolled up rubber that you get underneath the car, inside the brake rotor vents, wedged inside the wheel well liner, etc. I personally think 3 weeks between waxing is overkill, but I don't know if it will hurt the paint or clearcoat. If I had to guess, I think it would especially with an orbital machine vs. by hand.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:46 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Like i said, no further contribution needed. If someone wants to ask a question in the later future why not just make another thread?
Wow, you really don't understand do you? Fine, close your threads if you wish. But don't ever let me catch you telling somebody to DAFS! :rofmao:

With that said, my thread will be open for all to post
Old 08-21-2008, 09:00 PM
4-large
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that Jerry. I concede. Looking back on that thread i was actually curious what kind of exhaust that was as i've never seen a race exhaust that's not center section.

How'd you do in Time Trials?
I did good for me, second time at TH, second time in this car, first time in a TT: I did a 2:10.5
and best for the weekend 2:7.8

Jerry
Old 08-21-2008, 09:03 PM
4-large
Racer

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Porter Cable at 6,000 rpm for 10 minutes on the same spot with medium pressure
LOL

Rad where is the new car???

Jerry
Old 08-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Carefree
Pro

Glad to see someone talking about "track time" not waxing a car.
Here's a thought, email the wax company that you are using and ask them the simple question of "how often should I wax my car"?

Colby, keep a close eye on those stock front brakes. I know you just had 3 track days and when I ran stock fronts, I only got 5 track days, then they were shot. Slotted rotors seem to be doing much better.

What were your tire pressures when you pulled off the track?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:23 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh my... I have missed so much here on Rennlist since i wadded up my GT3. It depresses me to logon and read about all of the fun you guys are having in your GT3s. The good news is that I nailed an apex coming home from work today in my Mini Cooper S, but I digress...

Colby - Rennlist is a giant support group for addicts who also happen to be misfits. We find solace in driving around in circles again and again, and for some reason, most of our wives don't fully understand - but tolerate - our antics... I have come to rely on the advice of our board's elders - guys like Mooty, LVDell, Bob Roulou, Austin, GT3Nut, CrazyCunuck and others who have shared their keen insights with us over the years. I have also been depressed to see such personalities as Viken, Frayed, Watt, Colm, Juha and others *migrate* to different boards due to newer track toys or for personal reasons. You can certainly read about their comments in the archives...

All in all - I find Rennlist to be like a family. So in short, if a Corvette or Viper guy gave you attitude and Rennlisters were in the vacinity - you can bet 100% that they would have your back!

Please keep your posts coming, and if have anything to add, I will be sure to do so!

-Dr. Phil (er...Blake)
Old 08-21-2008, 09:52 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

The db levels question was to insure i wasnt going to get meat balled at my 3 day event. In the emails from the organizations they said db was 102 and i was almost certain my car exceeds that. I late found out, through the help of the thread that they dont care much.

The how to get my car to sound like a Cup car was all in good fun. I know exactly how to do it, trust me, i've talked EXTENSIVELY with Fabryce about it. It's not hard. I guess it wasnt implied clearly enough. The thread was more or less, "here's a GT3 that sounds bad@ss, ENJOY!" I guess that was my fault again.

FWIW, i only talk about modding or what i want to do with it when asked, other than the GMG stuff i posted. Even then, that was b/c people asked for pictures and more information on the bar and exhaust.
Ok cool.

So to my other question you keep avoiding, HOW WAS YOUR FIRST TRACK EXPERIENCE?!?!?!

Quick Reply: Colby, I see you decided to take your toys and leave the sandbox.