Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bang for the buck mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 04:20 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Thanks, that makes sense. I am corner balanced, but not very low. I have no preload, and have changed my settings at the track, which is how I know. I understand that if you have preload, you must have adjustables, and was wondering why everyone else had preload. It must be the height. It is hard for me to believe anyone could be so much lower than I am, though, and still be able to drive anywhere. I feel like I have about 3" of clearance. I guess, in this world anyway, mm matter....
Old 08-23-2008, 05:31 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,643 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by va122
The drop links are necessary if you lower the car a lot, i had some swaybar binding and upon inspection have bent the subframe where they attach to those plates that look like boomerangs until I replaced them with longer ones. (chime in Austin) but I'm down to cup ride height. Some shop...did not think to tell me about this and I had to take the car apart to figure it out. Do I sound bitter?
if you are at cup car right ht, i hope you have cup car adj control arms as i am certain you will have bump steer front and rear.

you are right. you need new drop linx with motons.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:37 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you need new drop links with motons? Ride height or mounts not being in quite the right place on the dampers?

Quick Reply: bang for the buck mods