Sponsored by:

Bolt in cage

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:14 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,473 Likes on 2,069 Posts

You can't race the GT3 wheel to wheel. I see the way you look at it, the way you talk about it and take care of it. If anything happened to it you'd be crushed. Better to race the clock in a Time Trial or something than have someone put a bumper into your door and who knows what else.

I'm not in the same league as VJ or CS, but if we're at an event together, I'd be happy to work together with you. It's been fun getting to know Martin and watching him progress (he's really sick now), a few weeks after getting CCWs for his GT3, he's now thinking about CCWs for his vette with 315 on the front and 345 in the rear.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:09 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by carn3rd
GMG is currently constructing a bolt in half "cage" for me. Specs/pics should be up within a week. It will have 6 rear mount points and an optional shock tower brace for added rigidity.

I'm not sure anyone makes a full bolt in cage. It would be quite difficult as the front mounts need to be welded to the chassis as the floor is extremely thin
Any pictures of this available yet?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danpic
Any pictures of this available yet?
No sorry. The half cage is done and i hear it looks incredible! Wont have pictures until mid week...
Old 07-31-2008, 01:39 AM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete, thank you and I'd love to take you up on that offer. You have a lot of natural talent and are a great instructor. I could learn a lot from you, especially in tight quaters at the Q. You know Pete, it would be great to go back to the basics at the track and work on fundamentals instead of racecraft.

You're right about how I feel about the car, I named her after a **** star so that should mean something!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go with the factory RS cage or stable energies bolt in cage if you want front hoops (or just half cage) and a super sturdy chassis attachment. the GMG bar is just like tequipment bar.... GMG even said that it is a HARNESS bar.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My car is sitting on my trailer but will try to get some photos of the cage this coming week.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:51 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karlooz
go with the factory RS cage or stable energies bolt in cage if you want front hoops (or just half cage) and a super sturdy chassis attachment. the GMG bar is just like tequipment bar.... GMG even said that it is a HARNESS bar.
I wouldnt go that far. Their new design (yes still a bolt in) has a new x-member in the main hoop and will connect to the rear shock towers in addition to 4 seat belt points, making for a total of 6 mount points.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by carn3rd
I wouldnt go that far. Their new design (yes still a bolt in) has a new x-member in the main hoop and will connect to the rear shock towers in addition to 4 seat belt points, making for a total of 6 mount points.

Probably still not much better than a TE bar and certainly doesn't meet the definition of a "cage" IMO.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokeAss
I bought a race that started life as a street car with bolt in bar. I nearly walked away from the car because I felt it didn't offer enough protection. I bought it anyway and had a knee-bar welded in front of the dash. We also put in NASCAR styled crash protection in the doors.
Check out the pictures here

Terry,

I was watching you drive that yellow beast this weekend and thought I was watching Randy Pobst! Does anyone ever give you any competition out there? You are seriously fast dude. Love the car also.

Quick Reply: Bolt in cage