Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Sill Removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008 | 12:47 PM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Default Door Sill Removal

I got a pair of very nice CF door sills from MACarbon. Ready to remove the existing black plastic sills. Anybody done this removal? I've pried on them with a hard plastic spatula, but they absolutely refuse to budge at all. I don't want to damage them or the paint...

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 07-29-2008 | 11:41 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

The original sills are held in place with some pretty strong adhesive. You could try a heat gun, but that would probably melt the sills before the adhesive released. I did try some adhesive remover, but couldn't effectively get it under the sill to do any good. I got mine off with a lot of pulling and cursing. Unfortunately they were too damaged to reuse once off and the left over adhesive was a real bear to remove.

Good luck.
Old 07-29-2008 | 05:41 PM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the input. This is obviously not a common upgrade. I suppose I'll just destroy the plastic ones. I'm sure they are quite reasonable to replace at the dealer....right!

Thanks again.
Old 07-29-2008 | 05:54 PM
abg123
Instructor

Originally Posted by gt3'er
Thanks for the input. This is obviously not a common upgrade. I suppose I'll just destroy the plastic ones. I'm sure they are quite reasonable to replace at the dealer....right!

Thanks again.
REASONABLE is not in a Porsche dealers vocabulary...especially the parts department!!

Quick Reply: Door Sill Removal