Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A ride around Portland Int. Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Carefree
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, they are a great wheel, however the off-sets are shy of stock. Now that I have ran the car with spacers, that is the only way I will run it.
Get some Hoosiers and get hooked up on the track, they are awesome!

04 GT3, euro seats, tequipment bar, Schroth harnesses, differential upgrade, Fabspeed Full Exhaust and ECU upgrade, Champion RG5 wheels, Hoosier R6's, RS C.F Wing w/8 degree shims, neg. camber alignment.

Previous Mentionable Cars:
06 BMW M3 SMG - Tracked
01 911 Twin Turbo - Fast
02 Honda S2000, lots of fun!
77 930 Turbo – A real Handful
81 911SC – My first Porsche
68 Shelby GT500 – all Original
70 Mach-1 – Black Beauty
Old 07-01-2008, 12:27 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carefree
Mike, they are a great wheel, however the off-sets are shy of stock. Now that I have ran the car with spacers, that is the only way I will run it.
Get some Hoosiers and get hooked up on the track, they are awesome!
Yeah, I noticed that the fronts appeared to sit a bit further in the wheel well than the stock wheels. Kind of visually bugged me so I tried to measure the track width to see if there was a difference but it was very close to stock, and difficult to measure accurately anyway with PS2 on the stock wheels and MPSC on the RG5s. In any case, the RG5's are:
F: ET45; R: ET65 (what Champion specs for GT3), so they are slightly off (F40, R63 stock) from stock as you say. I wonder if this fitment is a slight compromise since it is a forged wheel that will fit all 996 variants (C2,C4,GT3).

Are you running a 5mm spacer front and rear? Rears seem to be pretty close to stock offset.

As for Hooters - I think I have a ways to go on MPSC's. Those were enough of a revelation versus the PS2's I had been running. If I ever get to the point where I'm filling up Mooty or 171's rear view I'll consider them ...
Old 07-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Carefree
Pro

MJB, the RS wing, neg. camber alignment and Hoosiers put me into an new mindset or hemisphere.
I went from being in someone's rear view to leaving them behind to ponder "why they need Hoosiers".
No kidding, I love speed and that was a huge addition to lower my lap times.
Get R Done!

Quick Reply: A ride around Portland Int. Raceway