Installation of Safecraft Fire Extinguisher

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Installation of Safecraft Fire Extinguisher

Need some help and/or hints on how to make this work. I'm installing a Safecraft fire extinguisher, and am having problems placing the fe into the mount.

I have the BK R-9521 (pic 1) and the R-9501 (pic 2) needed to mount the Safecraft fe (pic 3). When the pieces are apart, the "PULL" pin fits fine. When assembled, the "PULL" pin will not insert. Can the aluminum distort that much when tightened? If so, HTH do you tighten things down since some of the screws are covered by other parts?
Attached Images    
Old 05-15-2008, 12:16 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you look under the safecraft quik release you will find two screws...remove the angle cut piece and rings from the bottom plate by taking out those two screws...remount the angle cut piece and rings to the adaptor plate in the two recessed holes...mount the adaptor to the four holes in the roll bar bracket and you should be good....hope I explained this properly...I got up at dawn this morning to get up to your area and have Tony do a cb and alignment and I'm beat...
Old 05-15-2008, 12:36 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, I'll try it later today. Thinking, also, that I should take the bottle out of its holder before mounting.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:03 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Turns out it was as simple as taking the bottle out. Did that, and everything went together fine. Pulled the pin, and remounted OK.

Quick Reply: Installation of Safecraft Fire Extinguisher