Sponsored by:

Has anyone used PSS10's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used PSS10's?

I've searched and haven't really found some good insight on the topic. I guess since most of the members use Moton's or JRZ's. But for someone who will track at most 4 days in a year, woiuldn't PSS10's make sense? The price difference is quite big to ignore...about $1.8K more or less.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverboy
I've searched and haven't really found some good insight on the topic. I guess since most of the members use Moton's or JRZ's. But for someone who will track at most 4 days in a year, woiuldn't PSS10's make sense?
I ran a stage III Moton suspension for about a year and am currently running RUF PSS9's. I'm not sure how much of an improvement the 10's are over the 9's but between the 9's and Motons the difference was quite dramatic, even on the street. With that however, because you're not a track junkie i think you'll find the 10's to be a nice improvement over the stock 2 suspension. Also consider a very aggressive alignment and doing some of the "smaller" suspension pieces (toe steer kit, dog bones, etc...).

Have you considered JIC's? Alot believe them to be a good compromise between the Bilsteins and Motons, both in price and performance.

The price difference is quite big to ignore...about $1.8K more or less.
Not sure what you're planning to pay for a set of 10's but in my experience the difference in price between the 9's and Motons was north of 5k. IMO if the price difference between the two is only 2k go with the Motons.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:26 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carn3rd
I ran a stage III Moton suspension for about a year and am currently running RUF PSS9's. I'm not sure how much of an improvement the 10's are over the 9's but between the 9's and Motons the difference was quite dramatic, even on the street. With that however, because you're not a track junkie i think you'll find the 10's to be a nice improvement over the stock 2 suspension. Also consider a very aggressive alignment and doing some of the "smaller" suspension pieces (toe steer kit, dog bones, etc...).

Have you considered JIC's? Alot believe them to be a good compromise between the Bilsteins and Motons, both in price and performance.

Not sure what you're planning to pay for a set of 10's but in my experience the difference in price between the 9's and Motons was north of 5k. IMO if the price difference between the two is only 2k go with the Motons.
Hi Colby,

My hesitation lies in the problem of potential leaks and how to service them being in Asia. I understand that there were a few cases of leaks surfacing. This won't be an issue in NA but in Asia this could be a nightmare.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Why keep it stock if your only doing a couple of events a year. JRZ or motons are expensive and I dont think it worth the extra money if your doing a couple of events a year, I would put the money into tires & brake pads and maybe some coaching.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Hi Colby,

My hesitation lies in the problem of potential leaks and how to service them being in Asia. I understand that there were a few cases of leaks surfacing. This won't be an issue in NA but in Asia this could be a nightmare.
Ya i was just going to say beware of leaks. Mine did and i only had them for a year. Have you considered JIC's?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:15 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carn3rd
Ya i was just going to say beware of leaks. Mine did and i only had them for a year. Have you considered JIC's?
Thanks for the heads up on the JIC's. I'm looking at them now.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:17 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jerseybean
Why keep it stock if your only doing a couple of events a year. JRZ or motons are expensive and I dont think it worth the extra money if your doing a couple of events a year, I would put the money into tires & brake pads and maybe some coaching.
It's hard to resist when you've got the 'mad porsche disease'!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the heads up on the JIC's. I'm looking at them now.
They're a great system. Some even put them close to par with the Motons.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Been there done that, I ended up buying a Gt3 cup. If I had my time over again, I would buy someone else upgraded car. Just remember to get the safety stuff first before you do the serious upgrades. - harness, etc.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't think you'd even notice a difference. The stock shocks are >= PSS10s or very close.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:38 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rob in VA
I don't think you'd even notice a difference. The stock shocks are >= PSS10s or very close.
Ya someone told me that too. This adds more weight to go the JIC route.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

I would go with JIC every time. I had them on my gt3 and we're putting them on my spec boxster.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:02 AM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jerseybean
I would go with JIC every time. I had them on my gt3 and we're putting them on my spec boxster.
Excellente! I'll do the same then!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:01 AM
LA964RS
Drifting

Who has best $$ for JIC's?
Old 05-10-2008, 08:46 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

We put JICs on all the 964/993/996/997s anymore. They are a great setup and awesome bang for the $$$. With the custom spring rates available, you can really setup a car to the customers driving skill and intended car use. This comes from experience generally. The bi-tube shock design is a little confusing for some shops. I generally have to talk to other shops setting them up so they are installed properly.

Quick Reply: Has anyone used PSS10's?