Sponsored by:

2004 GT3 For Sale -- Slate Grey

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:09 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 2004 GT3 For Sale -- Slate Grey

Time to sell my baby. Being a "soccer dad" and owning a GT3 aint working! I posted an ad in the classifieds as I thought I would offer the car to a fellow enthusiast before going other routes. Thanks...
http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval
Old 05-01-2008, 07:37 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Tim.....why not do what I did? Just throw that sucker up on a lift and bring it down for track days and the occasional trek around town

I just can't envision ever selling mine. My neighbors think I am crazy with 5 cars but it's a nice craziness to have!

If you do sell, hope to see you again one day in another one day soon, very soon.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car ... bet you have no trouble selling it.

Scott
Old 05-08-2008, 12:00 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys. This is the only place I have advertised it so far...not many hits yet. I will be traveling the next 10 days, so maybe when I return, I will start advertising elsewhere.

Does anybody have recommendations on where to list it? Dupont Registry called me the other day to advertise it. Do you think that is a good place to do so? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Tim
Old 05-08-2008, 01:04 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you may want to try www.6speedonline.com for sale section...

with track season starting to pick up steam I cannot imagine it will take too long to sell.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

+1 for 6speed

Also, use craigslist. There's no cost, it only takes a few minutes to set up and there are lots of high-end cars on there these days.

...or just give Mooty a call.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Jetmech
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autotrader...cars.com...they all get high exposure....
Old 05-09-2008, 03:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Holger B
+1 for 6speed

Also, use craigslist. There's no cost, it only takes a few minutes to set up and there are lots of high-end cars on there these days.

...or just give Mooty a call.
i have already spread the word out.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:18 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mooty
Thanks Mooty and all for the advice/help. I am sur it will sell quickly, its a great car, what can I say.

When I get back in town in a week or so, i will prolly start mad-posting it everywhere...including Craigs, cars.com, dupont registry, etc.!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:17 AM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

No worries, it wil be gone in a flash...Great car at the right price...
Old 05-13-2008, 01:49 AM
SolidRS
Advanced

I have regreted selling my 05 slate grey EVERY FREAKING DAY--don't do it...DON'T DO IT! Borrow from Peter to pay Paul. Just pay Paul!
Old 05-13-2008, 03:46 AM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SolidRS
I have regreted selling my 05 slate grey EVERY FREAKING DAY--don't do it...DON'T DO IT! Borrow from Peter to pay Paul. Just pay Paul!
I know, I know, I know. But here is the thing, I bought the car to track, and hardly did any at all. I did not even go ONCE last year. So, just to keep the battery charged, I drive it to work once in a while (<10 miles) and go for a weekend cruise once in a while. I hardly use the car...and that sucks.

Basically, because of a 6 year old at home, and other things going on, I never use the car anymore.....It does not work well for anything but tracking, really. It kills me to have something that I don't and can't (practically) use. Might as well sell it and get something I can use a bit more. I hate driving the car around town, so I usually end up taking my old Toy 4x4...but that is getting really old....<100hp and 2 tons of metal aint much fun...in fact, it pisses me off as I am about the slowest guy on the road...I can't merge, etc. etc. It pisses me off! lol.

I know where you are coming from though. I had a few previous track'ish cars (M3's) and missed them mucho after selling them.....but, it is time for more of a family car that I can still have fun in (prolly an E90 M3)....at this stage, I need to compromise a bit and just do it. I know I will miss the GT3...who wouldn't! But I just have to do it. Simple as that.

If I had garage space and even romotely thought I would have time to track, I would keep it, but that aint happening. So, regretably, it must go....and soon.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:17 PM
EricGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcticFox
I know, I know, I know. But here is the thing, I bought the car to track, and hardly did any at all. I did not even go ONCE last year. So, just to keep the battery charged, I drive it to work once in a while (<10 miles) and go for a weekend cruise once in a while. I hardly use the car...and that sucks.

Basically, because of a 6 year old at home, and other things going on, I never use the car anymore.....It does not work well for anything but tracking, really. It kills me to have something that I don't and can't (practically) use. Might as well sell it and get something I can use a bit more. I hate driving the car around town, so I usually end up taking my old Toy 4x4...but that is getting really old....<100hp and 2 tons of metal aint much fun...in fact, it pisses me off as I am about the slowest guy on the road...I can't merge, etc. etc. It pisses me off! lol.

I know where you are coming from though. I had a few previous track'ish cars (M3's) and missed them mucho after selling them.....but, it is time for more of a family car that I can still have fun in (prolly an E90 M3)....at this stage, I need to compromise a bit and just do it. I know I will miss the GT3...who wouldn't! But I just have to do it. Simple as that.

If I had garage space and even romotely thought I would have time to track, I would keep it, but that aint happening. So, regretably, it must go....and soon.

Pretty much the same reason I sold my GT3. I loved the car, but wasn't going to the track much. Not a great around town car, so off it went to someone who is using it the way it was designed. Having test driven a 7GT3, I think they are much better street cars than 6GT3. So the 7GT3 gives the best of both worlds. Having said that, I had some temporary insanity and went out and bought a cheap 6TT to keep for a year or so then on to 7GT3 or 7TT! Go figure.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:02 PM
171mph
Racer

Originally Posted by EricGT3
Pretty much the same reason I sold my GT3. I loved the car, but wasn't going to the track much. Not a great around town car, so off it went to someone who is using it the way it was designed. Having test driven a 7GT3, I think they are much better street cars than 6GT3. So the 7GT3 gives the best of both worlds. Having said that, I had some temporary insanity and went out and bought a cheap 6TT to keep for a year or so then on to 7GT3 or 7TT! Go figure.
U truly are a Porsche man. U barely made it one month without one! I think that's great.
I shredded the right rear PS2 tire (the whole inner tread came off but thankfully no deflation) - now having cups put on. Yes, it will be well used....
Oh, and I've spun twice already (don't worry no damage except my ego)....this car clearly needs more skill than my trusty Cayman - i think that car hid a lot of mistakes. Nothing like relearning how to drive.
Hope to see u at the track at some point.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
You know I'm leaning this way, is this the one??? What a vaca... fly out, pick up an awesome car, hit a few tracks out that way, end it with an amazing ride home.

Quick Reply: 2004 GT3 For Sale -- Slate Grey