Sponsored by:

adjustable suspension for gt3

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:24 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrantG
Looks impressive. How is the price compared to 4-ways from Moton or Ohlins?
Good. Especially as these have titanium bodies. They were the price of JRZ 2 ways in the UK (although that price I was given for JRZ seemed very very high). Motons cost a fortune here too.

The main thing though, is that the people setting them up, Jon Oakley + Henk from Intrax have gone for the kind of setup I want, which isn't just a cupcar setup making the car useless on the road. Springs are right at the stiff end of the spectrum but as suggested above, they use a tender spring to make the ride really nice and the damper control is so good that despite being a lot stiffer than OEM they soak up the bumps and smooth all the sharp jolts. Still, I'm getting ahead of myself, the setup isn't finished yet and I haven't used them on a dry track yet. Only been on the road and on a wet silverstone where they were stunning.

Intrax, JRZ, Ohlins, Motons - all very very good dampers. The trick is to find a setup that offers what you are looking for. I've been looking for a year+ before I found these and like the idea enough to risk being the dev 996 (although to be fair the 997 he developed on drives beautifully and he lent me the car to trial).
Old 05-01-2008, 07:38 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG13
**ALERT TO ALL VIR PARTICIPANTS**

Datax is high on vicodin when you're on the track with him..lol..watch your mirrors...

perfect reason to hurry up w/ that checkout ride out of green group?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Steelkilt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could try softer high sidewall tires. makes a noticeable difference.

i'd lay off the drugs though. certainly not a good idea on the track. could even make you spin on the road.

Quick Reply: adjustable suspension for gt3