Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teaser photos -- winter project almost complete!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:48 PM
nahtnoj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=PJS996GT3;5244462]

Here are the exterior "after pics"

I love the third shot. Aggressive turn-in is what its all about. Great work, your car looks the business!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
CoGT3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

PJ, those seats look great!

Do you have any pictures of them installed? I am looking at installing shells in my GT3 also, and being 6'4" and ~240lbs the Profi XL seems like a great canidate. Did your installer have any issues getting them in the car? Were they able to use the factory sliders, recaro sliders, or did they floor mount? What did you use as anti-sub strap mounts?

Thanks ahead for any help,
Matt
Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CoGT3
PJ, those seats look great!

Do you have any pictures of them installed? I am looking at installing shells in my GT3 also, and being 6'4" and ~240lbs the Profi XL seems like a great canidate. Did your installer have any issues getting them in the car? Were they able to use the factory sliders, recaro sliders, or did they floor mount? What did you use as anti-sub strap mounts?

Thanks ahead for any help,
Matt

As far as I know, they did not have any problems gettting the seats in...
recaro sliders and mounted from the bottom of the seat as the side mounts would not allow the seat to be low enough...to clear my head/helmet.

Call Kelly Campbell at Speedware (www.speedwaremotorsports.com) and he can give you the skinny -- just ask about P.J.'s car and he will know what you are asking about.

I cannot go and take any "interior shots" for you as I just dropped the car at the dealer... had a tiny little off at the track today which caused a DME relay failure... car would not start back up... flat bed to the dealer and I am leaving for Chicago tomorrow for work...

I can take some pics and post them when I get back... they look sweet and do fit... recaro leather may take some doing to get on the XLs... but Speedware was able to get it done for me... first set in the USA upholstered in leather by recaro.

I will post some pics later and if I forget just send me a quick PM reminder...
Old 05-01-2008, 03:32 PM
CoGT3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

PJ,
Thanks for the quick response. I will definately give Kelly a call to find out the details. There seems to be alot of voodoo around mounting non-GT3 seats in the car, esp the big/tall version of shells.
Matt

Quick Reply: teaser photos -- winter project almost complete!