Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teaser photos -- winter project almost complete!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:33 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default teaser photos -- winter project almost complete!

So I was going to hold off a bit until the project was completed... but it seems that as the parts arrive, I am bursting at the seams to share...

Custom bar being fitted -- all bolt in -- seat belt locations and shock towers... obviously the cross bar for the harnesses is not in yet... but it was welded in and sent off to the powder coaters today for a coat of semi gloss black

Susp bits

CF splitter (courtesy of Rennworx) -- which I am sure I will tear off at some point and will be replaced with cup splitter as I hear the new CF splitter is $1800... this one is used...

mirrors, wing, etc...

Will update upon completion which I am told will be on Thurs of this week... right in time for Friday track session -- first of the season!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:44 AM
ex10psi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome PJ!! Can't wait to see it in person!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:55 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ex10psi
Awesome PJ!! Can't wait to see it in person!
Thanks -- will I be seeing you at the track this Friday?

Long overdue to actually meet!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:02 AM
ex10psi
Racer

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Thanks -- will I be seeing you at the track this Friday?

Long overdue to actually meet!
Long overdue indeed! Are you running with Proformance on Friday? I did my first track day of the season at PIR on 2/24, met roberga a very cool guy, we had a great dry track day!

Next day planned for me is 4/24 (thurs) lapping day with NW Alfa club at Pacific... sign up for that one! http://www.nwalfaclub.com/track/calendar.php

I enjoy lapping with our local Alfa club, they are really laid back, safe, and generally have a lot of fun.

Or hmmm, did you say this Friday? I wonder if it's too late for me to reg?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pardon my ignorance but do the GT3 and RS share the same deck lid/ wing uprights, allowing you to swap out the stock 3 wing blade for a larger CF one to make it an RS wing?

And i love the second suspension pic! Adjustable thrust arm bushings, toe links, monoballs... Yum yum yum! Had almost the exact same set up on my Turbo when i had the Moton stage III. Great setup!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:22 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by carn3rd
Pardon my ignorance but do the GT3 and RS share the same deck lid/ wing uprights, allowing you to swap out the stock 3 wing blade for a larger CF one to make it an RS wing?
Valid question. Not sure who makes the wing he bought but the RS wing from the RS we didn't get here in the states is a direct fit. I, along with many others on this board have bought the same RS wing and swapped out our stock wing. There are also many replica makers (and tuners) that make a similar look wing as well if you want to save some cash.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

And i love the second suspension pic! Adjustable thrust arm bushings, toe links, monoballs... Yum yum yum! Had almost the exact same set up on my Turbo when i had the Moton stage III. Great setup!!!

wing in pics is Manthey (from Bill at Rennworx) and it wil bolt right up to the supports.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:55 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ex10psi
Long overdue indeed! Are you running with Proformance on Friday? I did my first track day of the season at PIR on 2/24, met roberga a very cool guy, we had a great dry track day!

Next day planned for me is 4/24 (thurs) lapping day with NW Alfa club at Pacific... sign up for that one! http://www.nwalfaclub.com/track/calendar.php

I enjoy lapping with our local Alfa club, they are really laid back, safe, and generally have a lot of fun.

Or hmmm, did you say this Friday? I wonder if it's too late for me to reg?
Friday is with Proformance. I have heard good things about the alfa days from the guys at Group 2.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:51 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

You're balling, PJ! Care to mention where you order the V3? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:26 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

KWs are from Speedware
CF bits from Bill at Rennworx
TRG/ERP bits from TRG via Speedware

So that would be the custom bar, harnesses, seats and install labor... from Speedware.

You will shortly see in the updated pics the only Recaro Profi XLs seats in the world covered in factory recaro leather... grey stitching to match my interior and recaro logo in dark blue to match the car... they are in transit right now. Prior to this pair, they only made the XLs in cloth... and I like leather.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:34 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Very nice looking KW suspension bits! I'm wondering about the rollbar, although it looks very unique, I cant imagine it being that functional with so many superfluous bends. Also, are you installing it for use with any sort of time-trial/race situation? Most rulebooks contain something to the tune of "The main hoop must be formed with as few bends as is possible." Anyways, just early morning musings from a visitor. Beautiful car!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:04 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can just swap the RS wing right on!

BTW Colby, do you still have all of those suspension components? Or some?

To the original poster, nice stuff man, love it all! Can you give me a rundown of each component being added to your suspension?

Martin
Old 03-18-2008, 02:05 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lowside67
Very nice looking KW suspension bits! I'm wondering about the rollbar, although it looks very unique, I cant imagine it being that functional with so many superfluous bends. Also, are you installing it for use with any sort of time-trial/race situation? Most rulebooks contain something to the tune of "The main hoop must be formed with as few bends as is possible." Anyways, just early morning musings from a visitor. Beautiful car!
just lapping days so all should be fine...

Functionality should be more than enough -- mounted to shock towers and 4 seat belt locations... keep in mind the harness cross bar is not in the pictures etc...

thanks for the kind words.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:14 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Yes you can just swap the RS wing right on!

BTW Colby, do you still have all of those suspension components? Or some?

To the original poster, nice stuff man, love it all! Can you give me a rundown of each component being added to your suspension?

Martin
I cannot at this point... I told my guy at speedware, who is friends with the owner of TRG, to call TRG and ask for their reccomendations.

In the recent past I had a PM exchange with Austin from TRG and he mentioned monoball tops for the rear and toe links at a minimum.

In addition to that I think adjustable control arms and sway bar links, and round bits that replace the eccentric adjusters on the car...

I have faith in my contact who has faith in TRG's reccomendation... I am sure I was sold the entire ball of wax so to speak.

I have a list somewhere...
Old 03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

updated photos

CF mirrors

Quick Reply: teaser photos -- winter project almost complete!