Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teaser photos -- winter project almost complete!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Yes you can just swap the RS wing right on!

BTW Colby, do you still have all of those suspension components? Or some?

To the original poster, nice stuff man, love it all! Can you give me a rundown of each component being added to your suspension?

Martin
Nope, just the thrust arm bushing. The stage III got sold. Trying to put the car back to as close to stock as i can so i can move into a GT3.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seats arrived!

Recaro Profi XL in leather with blue stitching... first set of xl's that recaro has done in leather.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:44 PM
ex10psi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man those seats look goooooood...

BTW: I'm a no go for proformance this Fri, too late to reg. Hopefully I'll see you out at PR on 4/24 Alfa day. Let me know if you want the details, I'll PM ya.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:21 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
seats arrived!

Recaro Profi XL in leather with blue stitching... first set of xl's that recaro has done in leather.

They look great. I truly hope that they fit. On my 996-3, I started with Profi XLs and they would physically fit into the car, but rubbed and impinged significantly into the console. I changed to reg Profis which work great. I never installed the driver side after the fit problems w the pass side.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:51 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboCup87
They look great. I truly hope that they fit. On my 996-3, I started with Profi XLs and they would physically fit into the car, but rubbed and impinged significantly into the console. I changed to reg Profis which work great. I never installed the driver side after the fit problems w the pass side.
installer says it should not be a problem... picking up tonight so we will see...

pics next week...

I do not have the option of going to the standard profi seats... they are too small for me.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:00 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Exterior is done and track day completed...

Here are the exterior "after pics"

Old 03-24-2008, 03:13 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Wow...loving the first picture. She looks gorgeous, PJ!! Where did you buy the shims for wing? Also, what degree are you using? How do you like the KWs? Thanks.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:47 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Daaaamn, that is beautiful. My wheels should arrive by Fri, black C10s. My two favorite colors are blue and yellow- in that order. Wanna trade my Speed yellow for yours? ; )
Old 03-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The car looks great. Looks like a lot fun..
Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by datax
Wow...loving the first picture. She looks gorgeous, PJ!! Where did you buy the shims for wing? Also, what degree are you using? How do you like the KWs? Thanks.

Shims came with the wing from Bill at rennworx -- I believe they are the 4 degree shims

the Kws are absolutely great!
a big improvment over stock
I am not sure how they would compare with motons, but I would say if you are not ready to spend "moton money" but want an improved set up... I would reccomend the KWv3s with all the TRG bits...
Old 03-25-2008, 01:14 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TurboCup87
Daaaamn, that is beautiful. My wheels should arrive by Fri, black C10s. My two favorite colors are blue and yellow- in that order. Wanna trade my Speed yellow for yours? ; )
nope

not unless it has a 3.9 kit in it
Old 03-25-2008, 01:15 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rob in VA
The car looks great. Looks like a lot fun..
why thank you!

track day was friday -- sure beats a day in the office.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:22 AM
96 993
Advanced

What a great winter project. Thanks for sharing it with us in such a neat step by step process. You really did a thorough job, nicely balanced from start to finish. The results turned out awesome. Love the track shots that put it all together. Enjoy it.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:19 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 96 993
What a great winter project. Thanks for sharing it with us in such a neat step by step process. You really did a thorough job, nicely balanced from start to finish. The results turned out awesome. Love the track shots that put it all together. Enjoy it.
Thanks so much! I had to take the car back to Speedware to get a few minor item addressed that could not be done in time for my track day (upholstery and headlight film, etc) and when I get it back I will post interior shots.

The recaro XLs fit nicely in the car. I think one of the problem points for larger seats are the seat belt receptacles. Well, speedware was able to locate some factory porsche seat belt receptacles with longer attachment cables moving them up so they are not in between the seat and the tunnel... and I cannot run them through the harness holes as I need every inch of the seat.

The custom bar is also quite nice and I think some of you may want a closer look at the finished product. Of course the cup steering wheel is like the cherry on top.

I told them that I was not in a hurry but I imagine I will have it back in a week or two.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Air-21
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very very sexy! That was the color combo I was looking for as well, but after such a long time looking, I got inpatient. My car is in the body shop now getting some goodies added, seeing these pics gets me all excited and anxious to get her back fast. It will be another 2-3 weeks for me, just in time for VIR w/ Audi Club :-(

Quick Reply: teaser photos -- winter project almost complete!