Sponsored by:

OK, I ordered my track wheels....now Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:42 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AllanJ
The only solution is to do more track days so you can finish those R888's and try out a set of NT01's to see for yourself. I'll be right behind ya.

Cheers,
Haha good thinking By that time I may just go up to R6's though! Have 3 events coming up within next 2 months, so we'll see....

I doubt the NT01's even come in my sizes?! I'm running 245/335 in R888's!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:54 AM
JMeager
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other pointer is that you can't drive a Porsche like any other car or you WILL understeer. The most important driving technique I picked up from my instructor, Sean Edwards (FIA GT driver, Porsche Cup etc) is to trail braking the Porsche to the apex is a MUST! It transformed the handling for me. Also never coast a Porsche... it's either on the brakes or balancing power, but never coast.....

I had him take me around Oulton Park on the weekend at the Porsche UK day for 6 odd laps and it was amazing to see how a proper race driver drove the track.....

I'm running 235 front and 295 rear Toyo R888's, not a hint of understeer, moderate camber at a little under 2 deg neg front and rear. I drive it to and from the track like this, no problems.

And lastly, the bit that chuffed me the most was when Sean got out the car and said how well it was setup and a joy to drive (especially when he got out the next car 996RS and said it was had atrocious handling )
Old 03-19-2008, 08:30 AM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JMeager
The other pointer is that you can't drive a Porsche like any other car or you WILL understeer. The most important driving technique I picked up from my instructor, Sean Edwards (FIA GT driver, Porsche Cup etc) is to trail braking the Porsche to the apex is a MUST! It transformed the handling for me. Also never coast a Porsche... it's either on the brakes or balancing power, but never coast.....

I had him take me around Oulton Park on the weekend at the Porsche UK day for 6 odd laps and it was amazing to see how a proper race driver drove the track.....

I'm running 235 front and 295 rear Toyo R888's, not a hint of understeer, moderate camber at a little under 2 deg neg front and rear. I drive it to and from the track like this, no problems.

And lastly, the bit that chuffed me the most was when Sean got out the car and said how well it was setup and a joy to drive (especially when he got out the next car 996RS and said it was had atrocious handling )
Great advice. I'm coming out of a Turbo Cup 944 that was well set up and very easy to drive. I realise that I'm going to have to relearn to drive this car. That's what this season is for.

Quick Reply: OK, I ordered my track wheels....now Tires