My GT-3 Suspension Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 05:57 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
AudiOn19s
At 105mm in the front, I would lose my splitter going in and out of my driveway. Your car looks great. Excellent choice of color as well.
Thanks. I don't run the splitter on the street (got tired of replacing them)...and I'm actually back up to 110mm in the front now.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:23 PM
PK996C2
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
I just got my 4GT3 after extensive modifications to my suspension. I can't wait to try it out at Summit at the end of the month.

Modifications include:

PMS RS rear control arms
Eibach 2.25" Springs front and rear
Revalved Bilstein shocks
Custom top spring hats front and rear
TRG rear mono ball mounts

Previous modifications include:

Rear toe-links and solid engine mounts
2007 GT3 shift linkage
Fabspeed mufflers and cat bypass pipes

Work was done by Bill Rudtner of Rudtner's Racing Group in Freeport NY
Rick,

Dan Jacobs did a similar set up for me at the beginning of last year. Think I probably told you. Night and day coming out of big bend, left hander, uphill, downhill, heck every turn on every track. You won't believe how much more fun the car is. It will now be the way it was supposed to leave the factory.

BTW, the only thing you've done that I haven't is the motor mounts. When you put them in, how did the car improve? WEVO's, I assume?

Patrick.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:06 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 160 Likes on 111 Posts

I am highly considering a stock Revalve for my 996GT3. I have heard better street and better on track performance for the Revalve. Anyone have a general idea of the cost and the results. At this point I am not looking for motons.

I purchased TRG rear toe links, TRG motor mounts and an OEM RS Wing. I am looking forward to trying what should be a different and hopefully better driving car.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:10 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Bang for the buck the best thing you can do! A revalve is something like $75 a shock and new springs are about $80 a spring. Just make sure budget a bit for monoball rear shock mounts and if you can replace any of the rubber with solid mounts. Moton's are great but at almost 5K for a set up double adjustable clubsports, if it is not in the budget a revalve is the way to go. That is what I was "going" to do and then I decided to do a complete suspension overhaul.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodneyr
I am highly considering a stock Revalve for my 996GT3. I have heard better street and better on track performance for the Revalve. Anyone have a general idea of the cost and the results. At this point I am not looking for motons.

I purchased TRG rear toe links, TRG motor mounts and an OEM RS Wing. I am looking forward to trying what should be a different and hopefully better driving car.
Hey Rodney,

Call the Dan Jacob's Garage, in CT. He was one of the first to do the revalves, and can recommend the valving and spring rates that work for you and how you use your car. He also sends them to Bilstein so your car will be up for a week or 2. Let him know you have the rear monoballs also, so you can get the spring hats for 2.25" inch Eibachs.

I think you already know Dan?

Austin

Last edited by Austin; 03-10-2008 at 12:53 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Everyone in the Northeast should at least, know Dan. If I lived in Connecticut, he would be the man to go to if you own a GT3.
Austin: My toe-links and engine mounts came from TRG.

Rick

Quick Reply: My GT-3 Suspension Modifications