Sponsored by:

Harness questions with DAS bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 11:28 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness questions with DAS bar

I'm about to pull the trigger on a DAS sport bar for my GT3 and I've got some harness questions.

I drive my car on the street as well as track so I don't want harnesses clanking against the seat, etc when I'm using the factory 3-pt belts. For you guys with the factory Schroth bolt-to-the-seat harness, do you just stuff the lap belts under the rear floor mat when you aren't using them?

In searching the archives, many of you are going with the Profi II-6 harness that has the quick release clips (which appeals to me for easy harness removal for the street). I've learned that using the Brey Krause R9003 mounts for both sides seems to be the way to go. Do you guys still feel this way?

According to pics, the DAS bar seems to come with an eye bolt of some sort. Is this to mount an outside lap belt quick release harness or for something else? I'd like to avoid buying another set of BK R9003 mounts if I don't need them. $70 more in my pocket if I can use the eye bolts.

Thanks,
Old 02-20-2008, 11:43 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great questions. I hope to go down this same route in a few months...

Thanks for asking!
-Blake
Old 02-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

For the tunnel side, I used these:
http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r9004.php
Attachment 256522

Last edited by Rob in VA; 02-23-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:52 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

[

According to pics, the DAS bar seems to come with an eye bolt of some sort. Is this to mount an outside lap belt quick release harness or for something else? I'd like to avoid buying another set of BK R9003 mounts if I don't need them. $70 more in my pocket if I can use the eye bolts.

Thanks,[/QUOTE]

This is what I did with mine.

I found the whole roll bar installation to be quite straight forward. It truly fit perfectly. Have all the bolts loose until everything is engaged, then tighten everything up! The Seats involved much more fussing around and some fabrication and modification. I did the seats about a month before I did the Bar. I just put the bar in a week ago. After some track wheels and tires, I'm ready for the next track season. Enjoy!
Old 02-21-2008, 04:54 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

A couple of more pics...

Old 02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent! Thanks for the pics. I see that you used BK R9004 for the tunnel like Rob did. IIRC from an earlier post by Dell, Dell wanted more belt adjustment room or something like that so he bolted the clip on mounts under the seat rails. Something to keep in mind if you run into a similar issue.

I also saw that you had to do a little grinding on the outer mounts for clearance with the bar mounting foot. The more I think about it the more I'm likely to weld a small mounting plate to the DAS bar like the GMG Racing bar before I get it powder coated.

I've sent a note to DAS about a couple questions and I'll post the answers in this thread.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Harness questions with DAS bar