Sponsored by:

Tequipment Roll Bar Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:14 PM
SparkyRacer
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tequipment Roll Bar Installation

First off, my apologies for creating a new thread for this. I figured there'd be a sticky thread on this topic but I don't really see anything appropriate and I wanted to share this video. ANYWAY... I installed a Tequipment roll bar in my 2004 GT3 the other day and shot some video of the process. I figured I'd post a link here in case anyone is contemplating installing one themselves and might find it useful.

There is some good info over on renntech about this also (http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...t=0&#entry2884)

Cheers!

The video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2eZjKpYd4
Old 01-10-2008, 07:30 PM
wbrownie
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Painful install...thanks for posting.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Alot of effort but my God, that made me nauseous watching it......I didn't get past the first minute or two. It reminded me of those "helmet" cams during a NASCAR race when the tire changer is running around the car like a chicken with his head cut off.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Now let's see if you can do turn 10/VIR at more than 80mph, wussy.
Ahmet
Old 01-10-2008, 10:24 PM
SparkyRacer
8th Gear

Originally Posted by LVDell
Alot of effort but my God, that made me nauseous watching it......I didn't get past the first minute or two. It reminded me of those "helmet" cams during a NASCAR race when the tire changer is running around the car like a chicken with his head cut off.
It was even more nauseating actually installing it...
Old 01-10-2008, 11:49 PM
bk12
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for taking the video and posting it....I really appreciate the effort. Maybe post this in the DIY section?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:49 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ahmet
Now let's see if you can do turn 10/VIR at more than 80mph, wussy.
Ahmet
I'd have to look at my data but I am probably nowhere close to that.
**UPDATE** just checked my traqmate data and I must not be a wussy because I am taking T10 in the low to mid 90's!

Originally Posted by SparkyRacer
It was even more nauseating actually installing it...
Old 01-11-2008, 03:11 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

**UPDATE** just checked my traqmate data and I must not be a wussy because I am taking T10 in the low to mid 90's!
Just curious ... entry, apex, or exit speed?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ryan, I would have to go back and look at it again but the speed I just quoted is the "MINIMUM (lowest)" speed watching the segment entry (speed at braking), apex, exit JUST before the speed would start to increase once again on the downhill. I guess we would have to decide exactly what constitutes each of the three location hence the reason I gave the lowest speed on the data during that entire sequence.....which if I recall correctly was just prior to the apex.

Last edited by LVDell; 01-11-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:00 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Now I have got to get a ride with Dell next time.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Ryan, I would have to go back and look at it again but the speed I just quoted is the "MINIMUM (lowest)" speed watching the segment entry (speed at braking), apex, exit JUST before the speed would start to increase once again on the downhill. I guess we would have to decide exactly what constitutes each of the three location hence the reason I gave the lowest speed on the data during that entire sequence.....which if I recall correctly was just prior to the apex.
Thanks. I'm just trying to gauge my data. After spinning there at the beginning of last season I've been slowly trying to work up the ***** to take Southbend faster! I'm still overbraking but gaining confidence. I'm now entering at 88 and exiting at track out at 96 (of course this is on lowly r888s...no slicks for me )
Old 01-11-2008, 07:51 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ryan, give me a minute and I will get you my entry speed, speed after braking, and exit speed. I have to fire up my windows (I am a Mac guy ) to check my TM data........

FYI...my data is on the Hoosier R6 not slicks. I have only 1 session on slicks and that's it. The weekend I put the slicks on I cut a cut tire after my first session and my weekend was over as I left my spare set at home like an idiot
Old 01-11-2008, 07:57 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Ryan, give me a minute and I will get you my entry speed, speed after braking, and exit speed. I have to fire up my windows (I am a Mac guy ) to check my TM data........

FYI...my data is on the Hoosier R6 not slicks. I have only 1 session on slicks and that's it. The weekend I put the slicks on I cut a cut tire after my first session and my weekend was over as I left my spare set at home like an idiot
Cool ... that will give me a closer data point.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Top speed after exiting the climbing esses right before brake application into southbend is 115, brake, then Apex in low 90's before back on throttle up to Oak Tree. What I need to work on is my exit speed at the top of the esses as I feel I should be much higher than that considering my entry speed at the bottom is low 130's. I guess I need to grow a set to stay on the throttle more through the esses but I have 2 sections that I lift to settle and back on throttle. I plan to install a throttle position sensor so I can gather data as well on exactly how much throttle is being applied. All too often we "feel" we are WOT bt really aren't and I feel this is one of those places
Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Does anyone know if the DAS rollbar installation is similar to this one?

Quick Reply: Tequipment Roll Bar Installation