Another GT3 FS: Mine

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:40 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by 911S3.6
Mooty- I checked with Thomas Sunday, it was $ 2200 from MO to OR.
Times have changed A LOT since 2004. and yes, gas prices are effecting the trucking industry weekly.
BTW, Kim actually arranged the cars so mine would not have to be moved until it reached Steve @ Rennsport Systems. He sleeps with the cars at night (in his cab), or else keeps the truck in a locked yard at his place in AZ. Top notch.
Believe me, I agonized for weeks calling people when Fred told me he couldn't do it. finally, Fred referred Kim.
damn, 2200....
everything is getting way too $$$
Old 11-23-2007, 03:52 AM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats with getting a great car!

Regarding transportation - I had a great experience with DeMoise Trk-ing. Paid $1k to have the car enclose-transported from Chicago to Raleigh, NC this August.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Jetmech
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$1400 from West coast to Ohio. Damn gas prices!!!
Old 11-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Boulder GT3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jetmech
OT, but shipping has really become tight over the past couple of years. I always end up paying $1-1.20/mile and scheduling is difficult. In August, the best time I could get for a car from Philly to Boulder was 4 weeks. January is already filling due to the auctions. The gentleman that bought my GT3 caught a truck coming through here in the next week. Had he not caught that, he was getting mid-January quotes.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:10 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Actually that's not horrible...I paid $1700 1.5 years ago from Seattle to ohio.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Jetmech
Racer

im not in a hurray..first event wont be till mid Feb.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Jetmech
Racer

Update:

I purchased the car in the begining of this post. I couldn't be more happier. not because I decided to get there a day early and miss the massive flooding in area, but because the car was more than I expected. Never having driven a GT3 for a long period of time to appreciate what this car is about, I am in AWE.

I drove 5 hours Friday night from Portland on my way to Huntington Beach, Ca. before stopping in some hole in the wall hotel off the interstate 5. I woke up at 3:30 am and drove into California. Around 10am I was in Sacramento, when I was approached by a beautifull 996 C2. He held up a flyer for a car show that was in area. I followed him to the show, met various Sacramento PCA'ers. and had a great time. in addition I had won the most travel award, beinig from Cincinnati, it was a no brainer.

I ended the Sacramento fun around 11:30 and pulled into Huntington beach around 6pm. My Valentine Detector saved me at least 3 times. One of which I tried to warn the followers, but none the less, they proceeded as if they could really lose me, only to be caught down the road. "I tried".

My first question to all is how to keep the front lip from tearing off? 45 deg angle on all driveways is a must. Is there a secret here?

I drove about 800 miles then relized there is a cup holder...all this engineering, power, and a cup holder also...WOW!

I will keep this short, as I can write on and on...look forward to my first track time with this beast. My two other buddies with GT3's have spun on their first attempts...I plan to being slow and move up when I feel comfortable...

so I say.....
Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congratulations!!!!

hit the driveways at an angle... and turn up them... if that makes sense...

I bought mine last summer and I can tell you that they only get better!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Modoc
Instructor

Smile

Update:

I purchased the car in the begining of this post. I couldn't be more happier. not because I decided to get there a day early and miss the massive flooding in area, but because the car was more than I expected. Never having driven a GT3 for a long period of time to appreciate what this car is about, I am in AWE.

I drove 5 hours Friday night from Portland on my way to Huntington Beach, Ca. before stopping in some hole in the wall hotel off the interstate 5. I woke up at 3:30 am and drove into California. Around 10am I was in Sacramento, when I was approached by a beautifull 996 C2. He held up a flyer for a car show that was in area. I followed him to the show, met various Sacramento PCA'ers. and had a great time. in addition I had won the most travel award, beinig from Cincinnati, it was a no brainer.

I ended the Sacramento fun around 11:30 and pulled into Huntington beach around 6pm. My Valentine Detector saved me at least 3 times. One of which I tried to warn the followers, but none the less, they proceeded as if they could really lose me, only to be caught down the road. "I tried".

My first question to all is how to keep the front lip from tearing off? 45 deg angle on all driveways is a must. Is there a secret here?

I drove about 800 miles then relized there is a cup holder...all this engineering, power, and a cup holder also...WOW!

I will keep this short, as I can write on and on...look forward to my first track time with this beast. My two other buddies with GT3's have spun on their first attempts...I plan to being slow and move up when I feel comfortable...

so I say.....
Welcome to the GT3 cabal .. There aresome great instructors in Cincy... Jerry Wolf for one. Met a lot of nice guys from OV Region at Putnam. Putnam is a good place to learn to drive GT3.. I also spun in my GT3 first time on the track. Lot of run off there. Starting my 2nd year. You're going to love it!!
Joe D
Old 12-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Jetmech
Racer

Im an instructor myself....but I give this car the respect it deserves to learn it slowly. Jerry Wolf is a great source of driving knowledge. I actually went over his car, before I bought mine to be sure, I knew what I was looking at. I agree Putnam is great place to become an expensive lawn mower....
Old 12-05-2007, 01:05 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Congrats! I also have spun the car 2 times so far (once on the freeway exit and once one track, VIR), both times in the rain. Be very careful in wet weather.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Jetmech
Racer

power down when straight....I will try to remember.

Quick Reply: Another GT3 FS: Mine