Sponsored by:

Noisey dash fixed - Porsche bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 AM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisey dash fixed - Porsche bulletin

I recently brought my car into have a noisy climate control fan looked at and the alignment checked. While I was in there I asked the service guys to see if they could do anything about my annoying, noisy dash - squeaks, rattles, etc.
The GT3 is a fantastic cacophony of mechanical noises, which I love - but the dash was bug'n me. Anyway, I figured this was sort of standard for the GT3 given how stiff it is so didn't expect much.

Well it turns out there is a bulletin regarding a gap between the windshield and the dash that could cause excessive noise. Fix was a foam cord to fill the gap (they put some in the A pillar also). Et voilà, the various noises have pretty much disappeared. Significantly improved. So if you've been living with a noisy dashboard this may be a possible solution.
Just FYI if you weren't already aware.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 604 Posts

Interesting. I just roll the windows down.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 365 Posts

Thanks for the info. I just called the dealership. The service advisor was unaware of this bulletin. He's going to do some research. That would be great if I could get rid of the annoying dash rattle. I love all the other noises in this car, but that dash rattle is one noise I'd like to get rid of if possible.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:40 PM
mtksurfj
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had my windshield replaced under warrantee for a buzzing coming from the map light area... supposedly there was a stress fracture in the windshield. Nice having that taken care of so I can hear all the other fun sounds more clearly.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That service bulleting fix goes way back to 1999 and since the GT3 was not sold in the US until MY04 some dealers may not have the TSB. The TSB is the same for the standard Carrera's.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:01 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,875 Likes on 2,404 Posts

you want to do the same with the dome light area.

sometimes if your rear qtr window is noisy, it's most likely the trim panel (where the rear spk is on) the inside of the panel needs to have foam padding stuffed in there.

Quick Reply: Noisey dash fixed - Porsche bulletin