Sponsored by:

Got to see TRG Racing in SFO

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:02 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got to see TRG Racing in SFO

Last Friday went up from San Fran to see Austin at TRG. I was in San Fran for 20 hours (airline pilot), looking for something to do. Traffic was a mess, I left way later than everyone advised me too but Austin was still there at 5pm and stayed for a while, like until 6:15!

All I can say is TRG is amazing, Austin is as friendly and welcoming as he seems on the phone and they have a great crew there. We talked cars for over an hour and looked at all their toys. Good time, learned a lot.

Nice visit, thanks Austin. Next time I hope to see the race track.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:35 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe Austin let you get away without a big bag of GT3 go fast goodies and a light wallet...
Old 10-28-2007, 08:30 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, GT3 Chuck, we discussed a purchase :-)

I am interested in grill/rad screens and have been reading posts on it today. I was thinking of getting them when I was there. Austinwas very quick to produce a set!!

I decided that as f'd up as airport security is (I know, I'm a pilot), I would not try to get those by TSA. One day with a Penn International tuna reel they would not let me bring it through. They could never handle rad screens!!!!

As a crew member, we don't check bags either so if I'm going to do this mod I'll have to order them. I'm now debating the wisdom after reading all the threads. there are pro's and con's.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should probably pop the nose off and take a look....clean out your radiators while you are at it...if you run with cars on soft compound tires you will get plenty of junk in there...what are the cons you are talking about?...the stock ones are not that easy to install and there is the outside air temp sensor to deal with but those are the only cons I know of...several guys have made their own and just glued/epoxied them in place (look in the 997 threads)...some have made holes and used nuts/bolts to hold the screens in place...the stock ones are much more expensive than making your own...

Quick Reply: Got to see TRG Racing in SFO