Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pocono, 9/30/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007 | 10:32 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Default Pocono, 9/30/07

I did the PDA-NASA track event today, my first in a GT3. Our first session was abit screwed up because I got out a few minutes late, everyone had done their warm up laps, and I was letting everyone by. Approached it cautiously to feel the car out. It was pretty confidence-inspiring.

By the middle of the second session, I was feeling damned good and passed everyone in the white run group...and there were a few Elises, Z06s, and Ferraris in there. I could be a lot quicker with more seat time and instruction, but this car is THE ****!!!!

in the two afternoon sessions, things kept getting better....got out in front of everyone and had a totally open track. Great weather, great day.

My Gt3 has had a fresh alignment, toe links and rear shock monoballs from TRG, and a new set of Yokahama AD07s....they felt absolutely terrific all day, I ran pressures at 30f-32r with the 8 degree wing shims.

I am preaching to the choir when I say how great the GT3 is, but hey, it is what it is.
Old 10-01-2007 | 10:15 AM
Greygt3
Racer

Couldn't agree more, on the track this car is "The ****".
Old 10-01-2007 | 10:33 AM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greygt3
Couldn't agree more, on the track this car is "The ****".
Yes, and let me clarify my post by saying that it was to a huge degree the car...I can drive pretty well but have a lot to learn. The turn-in on this car is razor sharp, it rotates so quickly that you are back on the power in no time at all. Not to mention the brakes, the engine (OMFG), the shifting, etc etc etc.

And after all that, you jump in and drive it home. La-dee-da.
Old 10-02-2007 | 03:32 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Default Pocono 9/30 (pics posted)

Here are a few of the pics from the event...
Attached Images      
Old 10-02-2007 | 04:40 PM
AdrianM5
Track Day

Hey I'm glad you had fun , I was in the red group (white 996tt #115)and it was an awsome day to be at the track. by the way that pic of that f-car you posted up was the guy who after i had warned him that his tire was corded decide not to give a s$^ and proceed and go out in the process of wrecking his car he also took out the front bumper of his freinds 997 gt3 well anyway I'm glad you had a great time!

Adrian
Old 10-02-2007 | 04:46 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdrianM5
the guy who after i had warned him that his tire was corded decide not to give a s$^ and proceed and go out
Amazingly stupid.
Old 10-02-2007 | 04:58 PM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdrianM5
Hey I'm glad you had fun , I was in the red group (white 996tt #115)and it was an awsome day to be at the track. by the way that pic of that f-car you posted up was the guy who after i had warned him that his tire was corded decide not to give a s$^ and proceed and go out in the process of wrecking his car he also took out the front bumper of his freinds 997 gt3 well anyway I'm glad you had a great time!

Adrian
I did not even know the Challenge Car was wrecked. That's beyond sad, especially after you warned him.

Also. one of my friends warned the someone from PDA that a Mustang had dropped a spinner right near the apex in the bowl and it took them forever to get out there to pick it up. It's a miracle no one ran over it.

And then there were the two Medevac incidents with the motorcycles on the other course.....
Old 10-02-2007 | 05:35 PM
AdrianM5
Track Day

yea! that f-car took out his rear driverside quater pannel and some of the rear bumper luckily it happen after the oval section on the long straight there were carbon fiber peices all over the front straight! gotta love them bikes ...thats why the helicopters were buzy around. I've done east course on a bike twice and had a great time some off those guys were flying!

Quick Reply: Pocono, 9/30/07