Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Jim H.
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

What did the PPI Show? Am I missing something?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:44 AM
munro86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crease in the metal seen under the car indicating a shunt of some sort.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:51 AM
munro86
Racer

Just checked my source for the above reference and its gone! On page 2 of this thread were 2 reports on the GT3. The 2nd one from memory made an explicit reference to a 'crease' seen under the car. Notwithstanding a manufacturing defect, it is highly likely this was the result of on impact of some sort.
Not good.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
ron_dargenio
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by munro86
Just checked my source for the above reference and its gone! On page 2 of this thread were 2 reports on the GT3. The 2nd one from memory made an explicit reference to a 'crease' seen under the car. Notwithstanding a manufacturing defect, it is highly likely this was the result of on impact of some sort.
Not good.
I remember exactly the same thing; as you say, that reference has been deleted from this thread. Someoen else mentioned that a "dealer" did the body repairs on the car, but it looks like a horrible job.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Jetmech
Racer

Guys, I was the one who posted then removed. The dealer has requested I remove, until all the facts are laid out on both ends. I am not upset, just bewildered that a dealer would take a car on trade and find these details out and not go back on the previous owner, let alone not fire the mechanic who blessed the car to be taken in on trade. Per the Porsche dealer who did the PPI, its a safe car, great for tracking, but at a substantial lower price. to much risk in not knowing if the motor will last 100k or 10 minutes. could have a wiped bearing from the initial hit.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Jetmech
Racer

to add, there was $7800 damage back in 2003 before the car was sold at the Porsche dealer in Loisianna, from a test drive, the report for details is in a wherehouse per the dealer, but someone had remember that the front spoiler had damage. The damage found this week is not the same, its fresh and obviously paid out of pocket, or would have shown up in Carfax. PO must have traded it in at night right before end of quarter or something to sneek it by.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetmech
Guys, I was the one who posted then removed. The dealer has requested I remove, until all the facts are laid out on both ends. I am not upset, just bewildered that a dealer would take a car on trade and find these details out and not go back on the previous owner, let alone not fire the mechanic who blessed the car to be taken in on trade. Per the Porsche dealer who did the PPI, its a safe car, great for tracking, but at a substantial lower price. to much risk in not knowing if the motor will last 100k or 10 minutes. could have a wiped bearing from the initial hit.
Fire the mechanic? Wow, pretty harsh for a very human mistake it would seem. Car doesnt seem that bad to me.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:00 PM
lightguy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealer should have disclosed all info that came up. appears they did not. Trade in inspections are totally lax. The unscrupulous can whammy a dealer with a deal like this and Car Fax is never notified. Car sold at 64 and change. Unless this car is whacked again there is a good possibility the new owner will never know of the damage.
Is there a SN registration, history, etc, registry for 996 GT 2 and 3s ?
With so few in number and a good likleyhood of them becoming collectable. One should be formed.
PS; not me, I can barely post without screwing it up.

Quick Reply: Cheap GT3