Sponsored by:

how to drive a GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 02:45 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,431 Likes on 2,041 Posts

Datax, IMHO you need to do 2 things. First be patient with yourself. Going from the E46M3 to the GT3 is night and day. The GT3 takes some getting used to if your not familiar with the physics of a rear engine car. That frustrated me too and then there were tracks were it just clicked and it was the greatest car on earth for me. Then there are other tracks where I swear I can still drive the M3 faster than the GT3. It's a comfort level you need to acheive with the car before you can trust it. With all that's happened with you on the highway and on the track, there isn't much trust in the GT3. (Sorry, don't mean to get all Dr. Phil on you).

Second, the next time your at a track, have an experienced GT3 owner take your car out and ask for his impressions. I've done this to get a 2nd opinion on the "feel" of my settings and I've been asked to take other guys GT3 to see how their settings felt.

Have you softened your rear sway bars? What are your settings for front and rear? If you do a search, you'll see what is commonly used by most (I seem to remember Larry Herman posting the settings).
Old 08-18-2007, 07:35 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice, Pete. Appreciated it. I'm pretty sure it's a matter of time that I need to get used to the car and its physics. Will check with experience drivers about the car and settings in general. I've been playing around with sways setting lately and currently rear is softest and front is in middle.

Quick Reply: how to drive a GT3