Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody running the Performance Friction Direct Drive 2 piece rotors???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

I know I am a little late in responding to this thread but better late than never. I have the PFC DD rotors on my car along with the 01s. As everybody who is using them has said they are great products and are highly recommended on these cars. As for the replacement time of the hats and rotors on the GT3 I can't comment fully yet as my car has been sitting in the garage for the last 2 months doing nothing. Fortunately for me I have been getting my track fix in both Koni Challenge and World Challenge races. Anyway back on topic.

We run the DirectDrive rotors and hats on our World Challenge BMWs. The car weighs in at 2700lbs with driver which is a lot lighter than a GT3 with driver and passenger. At this point we have not had to replace the hats in almost 2 years of running the cars and over 100 hours of hard track time on them. The rotors have been replaced since but I can't remember how often. I think we have been getting a full or almost a full season of racing out of the rotors. I will check to see if we are reusing the bolts for the rotors but I believe we are at this point as you don't really torque these to a value that will stretch the bolt. The torque value is only about 18-20 ft lbs. I will still check and get back to you guys on Monday about that.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:28 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Seth! That's some great "field" experience to contribute to the discussion.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 AM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I am wondering whether stock pads (for non PCCB) can be used with these Performance Friction DD rotors? I don't track my car and do not want to convert back to PCCB for the moment. At the same time 97 pads makes so much noise.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:00 PM
jberb55
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
Hi,
I am wondering whether stock pads (for non PCCB) can be used with these Performance Friction DD rotors? I don't track my car and do not want to convert back to PCCB for the moment. At the same time 97 pads makes so much noise.

No personal experience, but this might help: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...?highlight=pfc
Old 12-30-2009, 05:09 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Smile thanks.

Originally Posted by jberb55
No personal experience, but this might help:...
Thank you. After more search I found that PFC Direct Drive 2-Piece rotors will need PFC pads.

I believe that the stock rotors/pads are similar or even identical to the Brembo/Pagid combination. PFC 2-Piece Direct Drive rotors have larger hat diameter which is too close to the Pagid pads.

Any one here running PFC 2-piece rotors in the rear? If so, do they support Parking brake? Thank you.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:17 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

I don't think you can get PFC rotors for the rear in place of your PCCBs. Just run 997 Cup rotors back there. They'll last a very long time in the rear. Use whatever pad you want at the rear.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Using GiroDiscs will not result in these goofy pad limitations. Use whatever you like.
Full floaters. Full parking brake usage, easy and timely replacement part availability, and reasonable purchase cost.

Direct replacement for PCCB rotors, easy installation.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:45 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Smile

Originally Posted by AllanJ
I don't think you can get PFC rotors for the rear in place of your PCCBs. Just run 997 Cup rotors back there. They'll last a very long time in the rear. Use whatever pad you want at the rear.
The car at this moment have Cup rotors (996 Cup I believe) in the rear with PFC 01 pads. Nearly done...
Old 12-31-2009, 07:00 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Check out rear Turbo rotors. I don't remember if they are 996 or 997, but they are much less expensive than the cup rotors and are a direct replacement.

Quick Reply: Anybody running the Performance Friction Direct Drive 2 piece rotors???