GT3 Seat Bolts Torque Values Pls

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Question GT3 Seat Bolts Torque Values Pls

I searched, but unless I'm going blind, I can't find specific answers to my question. I'm installing an OEM Euro GT3 Seats in my car.

Where can I find the "by the book" torque values for the following bolts?:

-Seat to Seat Brackets(4 bolts).

-Seat Brackets to the car chassis(4 mounting bolts/E12 socket).

Thanks very much!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

DIY removal of stock seats and installation of Euro GT3 Seats.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albuq24

I know Rockitman made a great DIY already. In fact I read his several times when I installed my seats. Thanks to him! I made this one to with more detailed procedures of some of the steps.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

48 ft/lb. with threadlocker? Is that in the service manual someplace?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Default 48 foot pounds it is

Question:
Hi Joel,

Hope all is well. I searched through the Q&A, but unless I'm going blind, I can't find specific answers to my question. I'm installing an OEM Euro GT3 Seats in my car. Where can I find the torque values for the following bolts:
Seat to Seat Brackets(4 bolts). Seat Brackets to the car chassis(4 mounting bolts/E12 socket).

Thanks very much!

Answer:
You're right, we have never covered this. The to rque specs are in the factory workshop manuals, right inline with the installation steps. Do NOT install seats or seat rails without following the instructions!! This is a matter of extremely important safety.

The M10 x 28 E12 Torx screws go in with 65 Nm / 48 foot pounds. If you do not have M10 screws, then I am looking at the wrong thing, and you need to tell me what your bolts are.

Joel Reiser - PCA WebSite - 7/3/2007
Old 07-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
Question:
Hi Joel,

Hope all is well. I searched through the Q&A, but unless I'm going blind, I can't find specific answers to my question. I'm installing an OEM Euro GT3 Seats in my car. Where can I find the torque values for the following bolts:
Seat to Seat Brackets(4 bolts). Seat Brackets to the car chassis(4 mounting bolts/E12 socket).

Thanks very much!

Answer:
You're right, we have never covered this. The to rque specs are in the factory workshop manuals, right inline with the installation steps. Do NOT install seats or seat rails without following the instructions!! This is a matter of extremely important safety.

The M10 x 28 E12 Torx screws go in with 65 Nm / 48 foot pounds. If you do not have M10 screws, then I am looking at the wrong thing, and you need to tell me what your bolts are.

Joel Reiser - PCA WebSite - 7/3/2007
That is my question to PCA Q&A 993/996 guru Joel Reiser. He's researching the other bolts torque values I'm wondering about.. which are the four bolts that hold the seat to the rails as indicated by the pictures below...
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: GT3 Seat Bolts Torque Values Pls