Sponsored by:

Raising the ride height on the 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. C4
Magnus, I gues the Carousel ate your lip and brake scoops when you exit right? If you get the exit out of the Carousel wrong, you can end up losing alot more than your your splitter and brake scoops. Hasn't happend to me (yet) but I have some frinds that have managed to do some serious damage exiting the carousel incorrectly.
I've had my moments with the Carousel - Someone said 92 km/h is max in carousel so ofcourse I (stupid) had to beat that. I think I flew out of it at 96?

But I think it's the shocks that needs to be looked after now.. I have the same problems when crossing some curbs at normal tracks. Well, Trial 'n error, we'll see how it works out!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rassel
A nice KW setup is tempting - but I'm determined to keep the car stock. At least this one
just ask OM for a 'stock' Nordschleife set up!

R+C
Old 07-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
just ask OM for a 'stock' Nordschleife set up!

R+C
What I'd really would want to ask him - is how I can get my hands on that nice white 993 GT2 he has sitting in his garage.. *drool*
Old 07-11-2007, 04:26 AM
PURE
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rassel - You are correct on the OEM ride height. As I mentioned -prior to manthey redoing the suspension, my car was much lower do to the fact that the last track the car was driven at was Monza so we had cranked it all the way down about 12mm lower front and rear. Of course the ride was a bit crashy on the road and it scraped the front spoiler on any and every speed bump/driveway et al - but it was liveable as the roads here in Italy are pretty good - so I left it that way for several months (Not to mention it looked phenomonal!) When I picked the car up at Manthey I was so akin to seeing it planted on the ground with the tires tucked under - it looked really high - but two turns into the Ring and I understood. Had I gone there with my car's old set up I surely would have pitched my self into the armco!

Quick Reply: Raising the ride height on the 996 GT3