suspension to GT3 MK2

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:26 AM
MM-Racing
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default suspension to GT3 MK2

Hi,

I have GT3 MK2 and looking for proper suspension for my car. I'm thinking over PSS9 Bilstein.

I'm curious of your opinions and what do you recommend for GT3 ?

Best regards
Martin

Last edited by MM-Racing; 06-12-2007 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Proper suspension?! What's exactly is wrong with the OEM parts?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by MM-Racing
Hi,

I have GT3 MK2 and looking for proper suspension for my car. I'm thinking over PSS9 Bilstein.

I'm curious of your opinions and what do you recommend for GT3 ?

Best regards
Martin
Have you considered solid tracks? For when you fall into the hole in the road and have to climb out?

Lots of people think they want proper suspension until they realise how much it costs!

Can you take your car back to Germany, or would that not be a good idea?

R+C
Old 06-12-2007, 10:52 AM
MM-Racing
Racer

I made a "little" twist on the track two weekes ago and then I found that the car went a bit on right during acceleration. During stopping accelerating the car came back to the left. I found in service that the rear right sway bar drop link was not fixed well . After correcting the stability during acceleration was good but I felt that the car is much softer in the close corners than before the twist. GT3 went outside during acceleration in the middle of the corner. I was searching and find that the gumms in the rear camber plates had a little gaps. Additionaly I put the front sway bar on 3 (middle in the 5 degree). Now it is much better in the rear but I am still not satisfied. The front is quite soft and I thinking what to do.

Front sway bar I'm going to put in 4 degree stiff and install the stunt brace in the front and rear.

Last edited by MM-Racing; 06-12-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
UCrazyKid
Pro

In my opinion PSS9's would be a step down from the stock GT3 suspension. Look at Ohlins, Motons, JRZ, etc.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:37 PM
MM-Racing
Racer

but what do you think about cargraphic suspension G9633015054
Cargraphic wins the Tuner Grand Prix at Hockenheim theree times in a row.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:29 PM
zoomzoom
Racer

Manthey KWs

Trending Topics

Old 06-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

but what do you think about cargraphic suspension G9633015054
Cargraphic wins the Tuner Grand Prix at Hockenheim theree times in a row.
The TGP car is a total make-over. If you want the same performance, be prepared to rebuild the whole suspension, bushes, springs, etc etc.. It's really not cheap, but obviously quite good.

Who's making the kit you're looking at, H&R, KW, Bilstein?
I doubt Motons or Öhlins, they hardly go through Cargraphic.

BTW, are you perhaps passing by GT-Polonia in Poznan this year?
Old 06-13-2007, 02:56 AM
boqueron
Pro

NOrdschleife,

HTML Code:
In the event of getting it to Germany, what would you suggest for a car that is mostly ( 95% ) tracked ? I am considering a "reasonably priced " option . I surely will not be adjusting the suspension to each track..

I have some friends that have sent their GT3's to Bale http://www.bale.de/ to be tuned with good results. They -my friends - mantain that it's a no-frills tuner

Old 06-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by boqueron
NOrdschleife,

HTML Code:
In the event of getting it to Germany, what would you suggest for a car that is mostly ( 95% ) tracked ? I am considering a "reasonably priced " option . I surely will not be adjusting the suspension to each track..

I have some friends that have sent their GT3's to Bale http://www.bale.de/ to be tuned with good results. They -my friends - mantain that it's a no-frills tuner

Boqueron

My question about taking the car to Germany, was subtle - I was actually asking about how legal its title is? There are a lot of cars in Eastern Europe that used to belong to people in Western and Southern Europe, the original owners would like their cars back, or their insurance companies would. The GT3 is on the limit of what the Insurance companies consider worth recovering.
On one visit to Barcelona, I had to evade an attempted hi-jack from a gang of 'Romanians'.

For you, with a car that is 95% tracked, I wouldn't muck around. I'd take the car to a tuner that prepares cars for the track. I don't know many circuits in Iberia, I've only driven Catalunya, Jerez and Estoril, not Jarama or Valencia or any of the others. Are track surfaces good, are circuits bumpy, what tyres and wheels will you be running?

R+C

As I see it, what most people want from a track day car is a base-line set up that can be reverted to each day on the track. This may mean that you have a full on race suspension that is n-way adjustable and you have really good documentation as to how to revcert to the baseline set up. The alternative, which I prefer, is to have everything as simple as possible. So it is designed around having suspension components that are not particularly adjustable (hence, difficult to get out of adjustment), but are designed to be optimal for the 24 Hour race at the Nürburgring, for example.

Whilst I do not believe that top end shock absorbers are required, I do admire the way that Öhlins can be used with very stiff springs to provide acceptably pliant suspension whilst driving on the street.

If we look at what happens to GT3 Cup cars which switch from Supercup/Carrera Cup competition to the VLN, the suspension changes are really quite affordable. This is the kind of set up I would envisage being suitable for you, unless all your driving is on tracks with perfect surfaces.

Where do you go to get this kind of suspension - well the same names keep popping up - Manthey being most prominent for Porsche.

If you cast the net a little wider, you might like to talk to Wolfgang Weber who runs a Ruf GT3 for Shane Fox in the 24 Hoiur race (actually a Ruf RGT RR). This is a street based car with a chance of a top ten finish.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:26 AM
MM-Racing
Racer

Everybady knows that motorsport always were expensive but on the other hand none of us wants to be a secound

As for legality of my GT3, the car was bought last year from Germany (first owner), but I do not think that is the point of this topic. My car was lately in Sportec, Switzerland for upgrade and went through boaders without any difficulties. The problem is tha this operation always takes time but there is no time in the middle of the season.

Magnus when is GT-Polonia this year? We are going to Poznan next thursday/friday on a track for training. We rent a track for whole day.

Sum up your opinions I see that nobody recommends PSS9. Ina fact I do not looking for much made-over suspensin for cup racing. I take part in a amateur competition and drive a lot in the street (evening).
mayby the simple set up i s the best solution. Than what do you suggest for a stock GT3 the corgraphic G9633015054 or Manthey KWs. Are they worth the money spend on ?

ps Adrien, what main differences have you noticed in comparison to stock one?
Thanks for you tips
Martin

Last edited by MM-Racing; 06-13-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 PM
zoomzoom
Racer

Than what do you suggest for a stock GT3 the corgraphic G9633015054 or Manthey KWs. Are they worth the money spend on ?

ps Adrien, what main differences have you noticed in comparison to stock one?
Thanks for you tips
Martin
The Manthey KWs provide a higher rate of damping and the subtlety of the dual spring system allows low speed/minor road imperfections to be soaked up whilst providing better high speed/high load body control. Even from the passenger seat, the difference is noticable. You can adjust the settings from something soft for places as bumpy as the 'Ring, to as go-kart hard as you want for places like Spa/Hockenheim.

I found the MMKWs to be the single best performance upgrade on my car. Manthey worked with KW to optimise the generic KW3s for the GT3 with bespoke spring/damping rates, and the final product really delivers.

I would also invest in the Uniball strut tops to provide additional castor to get the best out of the MMKWs.

The KWs are also manufactured to a much higher quality spec than the OEM dampers. Where the OEM dampers rattled and were 'loose' (although still perfectly serviceable), the KWs are a league ahead in terms of build quality and finish.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
MM-Racing
Racer

thanks a lot Adrien. I've just ordered the strut brace in a front and rear and await for them.

Did you buy additionaly a steel/aluminum camber plates or they were in the set with shocks absorbers.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you buy additionaly a steel/aluminum camber plates or they were in the set with shocks absorbers.
Go for camber plates, increases front wheel base and it's a very cheap mod.

Magnus when is GT-Polonia this year? We are going to Poznan next thursday/friday on a track for training. We rent a track for whole day.
2,3,4 July will be all day on Tor Poznan.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:24 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

KWs seem more setup for bumpier tracks with relatively soft springs compared to some of the alternatives like JRZs. I just love the proper remote res on the JRZs which are mounted in the front stowage area and inside the cabin as you don't have to get mucky to adjust them. Apparently far too stiff for the ring though if you buy Parr's setup. Felt great from the pax seat in Steve's car at Spa last week though.

Quick Reply: suspension to GT3 MK2