Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do MkII owners typically change out skirts to MkI???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:04 PM
raffi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanH
Vacuum cleaner tricks! Like how you mow a lawn

Lots of Porsche dealers do that over here.

yeah i never understood why detailers do that, it seems like its just to show that it got detailed.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Does Darrell actually own champion motorsports?
thats some pretty shocking behavior from a company that has a big reputation for good products in the porsche worlds (F77 package, wheels, etc etc).

I must say i'm pretty surprised.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:24 PM
raffi
Pro

different champion
Old 06-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

ah ok..gotcha
Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

It's interesting now that this whole thing has drawn to a close, when I google "Champion Motorsports" or "Champion Motorsports GT3" or even "Champion Motorsports GT3 Ebay" I cant find that 6speedonline thread where he originally says he found out about the thread and wanted to clear Champion's name.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Supermonkey
Track Day

Apparently "lowside67" isn't very adept at searching or possibly reading. Keyword google search "Champion Motorsports" Texas- Results page 2 "Buyer Beware Champion Motorsports Spring Texas". I never did the search with the intent of clearing anyone's name. I did the search on Champion after I saw the car on ebay to see if I could learn anything about them before I bought a plane ticket to Texas to look at the car. Wouldn't anyone do the same?

Meanwhile I've put about over 7,000 miles on that car and don't have a single complaint. It's in absolutely perfect condition and was a steal at 69K. Thanks guys for forcing the price down on this car! You saved me a lot of money on my GT3 purchase. Got a pair of MKI Arctic Silver sideskirts for sale if anyone is interested too by the way. Was able to get OEM Arctic Silver MKII skirts used and in excellent condition for $450 bucks. Still need to get them mounted- Anyone have any suggestions on shops for this install in the San Francisco Bay area?

Here's the link by the way to the 2nd page search results I found when researching the dealer- http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ch...&start=10&sa=N
Old 09-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you're liking it ... still ... Darrell sounds like an ***-hat to me.

Scott
Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 AM
raffi
Pro

hey sean,
just make sure they use the epoxy and clamp the side skirts well until the stuff cures. there shouldnt be any gap.
when i had my skirts installed they used some double sided tape also and it left a gap.
glad to see you are enjoying the car. it will look much better with the mk2 skirts
Old 09-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Supermonkey
Track Day

Scott- I met the guy and his father and liked them a lot. Really honest and genuine people. I think this whole thing was just blown out of proportion and then people got all worked up into a frenzy about it like there was nothing better to do. Funny thing is that I think the person that started this whole thing already owned a GT3 and wasn't even interested in buying it in the first place.

Raffi- Thanks for the advice on mounting the side skirts.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermonkey
Scott- I met the guy and his father and liked them a lot. Really honest and genuine people. I think this whole thing was just blown out of proportion and then people got all worked up into a frenzy about it like there was nothing better to do. Funny thing is that I think the person that started this whole thing already owned a GT3 and wasn't even interested in buying it in the first place.

Good to hear man ... enjoy the car ... glad to have you around here. I'm new to the 6-GT3 also ... just got mine in March of this year.

Scott
Old 09-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermonkey
I think this whole thing was just blown out of proportion and then people got all worked up into a frenzy about it like there was nothing better to do. Funny thing is that I think the person that started this whole thing already owned a GT3 and wasn't even interested in buying it in the first place.
That was me.

All I did was ask a simple legitimate question and point out an inconsistency with the car. End of story until the profanity-spewing owner repeatedly threatened and insulted me. I felt it would be good to share this interaction with any potential buyer, so they'd know who they are dealing with. I'm glad you found them to be "really honest and genuine people". I'm also happy that you got a great deal on a car that you're very happy with and hope to see you and the car around town sometime soon.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Supermonkey
Track Day

Thanks everyone- Hope there aren't any hard feelings anywhere. Surprised you haven't seen me around town yet Holger.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm in the Marina. You?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Supermonkey
Track Day

Yes, in the Marina too.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS 197
Amen my brother..............

Champion, just another jack off dealer. What's new.........
um....Champion is the number 1 volume dealer for Porsche?...

maybe you are the number one ******* of customers?

Quick Reply: Do MkII owners typically change out skirts to MkI???