Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did some upgrades with pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007 | 05:01 PM
CT03911
Banned

Default Did some upgrades with pics

Last week Dan Jacobs (Hairy Dog Garage) went through the suspension as many have done here at some level. New springs front and rear and revalved the shocks to match. Did the toe links as part of this with a new track alignment and corner balanced it. The ride height was lowered slightly. He also installed the roll bar from Porsche and replaced the tranny fluid for the season.

Yesterday I got the Pagid 19's in the front and 14's in the rear and managed to bed them in as per Pagids instructions without meeting the CT State police. Next came the Volk TE-37's with MPSC rubber.

I changed the oil with M1 0W-40. Don't believe what everyone says about the oil coming out fast. It's twice as fast as you would ever have imagined

I then bled the brakes replacing with the ATE 200 I have been running.The right front seemed to have bubbles in it after three events and minimal highway use. I will now check it after two events and if I see that again I'll be looking for SRF.

Other than running it to bed the brakes and fill it up I got it washed and called it a day. Guys shopping for wheels- the Volks are awesome. They are so easy to clean completely and I did look for this as part of my search criteria but never imagined they would be so really easy to fully clean. Also, while the lip and spokes may be bright silver on the ones I got, they come through with a titanium gunmetal inside wheel. Not only does it look sharp but it hides brake dust etc. Very happy with the Volks all around.

Looking for seats/belts to complete the upgrades.
Attached Images         
Old 05-21-2007 | 06:19 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Nice result.
Old 05-21-2007 | 06:31 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Your fun factor just increased 10 fold.

The tires will make a HUGE difference. The front track should be a bit more narrow up front with the Volk 49mm offset. How much camber are you running up front?

Let us know about your handling impressions and good luck trying to stay in those seats with the 3 points.

With the Cups and RS19/14 I'd dump the ATE and jump to Motul or SRF.

I see race buckets and harnesses in your future.
Old 05-21-2007 | 08:55 PM
CT03911
Banned

The camber is 2.5 fronts, 2.0 on the rears. I hear you on the seats, after dropping 10k on the car this week my seat search is slower. Trying to find a smart way to do it without dropping another $3500 for new shipped GT3 Euro's, but I do like those. I've been talking to Suncoast because they might just owe me a small favor but we won't go there (yet).
Old 05-22-2007 | 01:00 AM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

I bought my Euro GT3 seats from Suncoast this winter and they were about $2500 for the pair plus a few little add'ons. What settings did Dan set you anti-sway bars?
Old 05-22-2007 | 09:06 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Must be the camera angle but that looks like more than -2.5 up front. Are you totally stock up front without shims? If so, then I can believe it since that is the max I got up front.
Old 05-22-2007 | 11:53 AM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

I like the wheels, Dennis.
Old 05-22-2007 | 12:03 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CT03911
The belts are the easy find. Its the Grey GT3 seats don't come on the market often. Unless you don't mind putting in Black GT3 seats. Plenty of those around.

Here are some:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=79947

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=84090
Old 05-22-2007 | 10:12 PM
CT03911
Banned

Rick the sways are set one hole softer than factory for both front and rear but as to which hole that is I would have to look again when I get home tomorrow.

Dell, it is, or was, stock before putting the Volks on. -2.5 on the fronts is accurate, I was there when they were set. No shims used, no spacers.
Old 05-22-2007 | 10:36 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Must be the camera angle as it looks more agressive than -2.5 but that is all you can get without shims or replacing the control arms. Looking good
Old 05-23-2007 | 09:40 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

I'm at -1.7 front and -1.9 rear with front set one off soft and rear one off firm which are the new sway bar settings that I'm experimenting with. I do drive it on the street and PS2's are getting real expensive.
Old 05-24-2007 | 09:21 AM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looking good.
Old 05-24-2007 | 03:36 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Qwickrick
I'm at -1.7 front and -1.9 rear with front set one off soft and rear one off firm which are the new sway bar settings that I'm experimenting with. I do drive it on the street and PS2's are getting real expensive.
How quickly are you burning up sets of PS2s on the Track/Street.?
Old 05-24-2007 | 08:15 PM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CT03911
Last week Dan Jacobs (Hairy Dog Garage) went through the suspension as many have done here at some level. New springs front and rear and revalved the shocks to match. Did the toe links as part of this with a new track alignment and corner balanced it. The ride height was lowered slightly. He also installed the roll bar from Porsche and replaced the tranny fluid for the season.

Yesterday I got the Pagid 19's in the front and 14's in the rear and managed to bed them in as per Pagids instructions without meeting the CT State police. Next came the Volk TE-37's with MPSC rubber.

I changed the oil with M1 0W-40. Don't believe what everyone says about the oil coming out fast. It's twice as fast as you would ever have imagined

I then bled the brakes replacing with the ATE 200 I have been running.The right front seemed to have bubbles in it after three events and minimal highway use. I will now check it after two events and if I see that again I'll be looking for SRF.

Other than running it to bed the brakes and fill it up I got it washed and called it a day. Guys shopping for wheels- the Volks are awesome. They are so easy to clean completely and I did look for this as part of my search criteria but never imagined they would be so really easy to fully clean. Also, while the lip and spokes may be bright silver on the ones I got, they come through with a titanium gunmetal inside wheel. Not only does it look sharp but it hides brake dust etc. Very happy with the Volks all around.

Looks like Dan has been doing a lot of these revalves lately. What spring rates did he put on your car? I would guess in 500 & 700. I'm running 700 & 1200 and it's not perfect but getting close.
-2 in the back does not sound like a lot of camber. You might want to watch your tire wear and adjust as necessary , unless you do a lot of street driving.
A friend just picked up a set of Volks as well, he really likes them and they look really great . Good luck and get a seat and some belts, you're going to need them.
Old 05-24-2007 | 10:50 PM
CT03911
Banned

Mike, I think the springs Dan used were 550 front and 750 rear without looking at the reciept, shocks revalved to match. The car will see some road use but not much, a drive here and there. I'll watch the wear. I do now have the stock wheels and PS2's I'm going to use as wet track day rubber. I wonder if for those street drives if the PS2's would do better wear-wise than the Cup rubber with the camber where it is.

Regarding your comment on the seats it's interesting to me to see a picture of the car on the track. If you asked me I would have said I was pretty firmly planting myself in the seat but the pictures say otherwise. I clearly lean into the turns, overcompensating I would think. Besides the safety issues a good seat and belts offer, it will really help me work on just steering by fixing my torso in the seat.

Quick Reply: Did some upgrades with pics