Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture Request: Tequipment 4 Point Roll Bar...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Picture Request: Tequipment 4 Point Roll Bar...

The one with NO CROSS BARCE... Anyone have pix that you can post up? Debating on getting one, just wanna see how it looks Inside the cabin and how reachable are the Rear Seats... Thanks guys... Lots of pix would be great...

Also do you have to Leave any Parts out... after Intall? Like the "Seat Belt Parts" and "Clothes Hanger" or something else? Or did i just read Worng?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:32 PM
cchan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ones I've seen are the same as the bar with the cross braces, but obviously without the cross braces going across the middle. So it's pretty "open" as the front part of the bar curves up along the sides and top, but of course the bar will take up a few inches.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Maybe I'm wrong but even though there is no cross bracing, two legs are still bolted near seat backs. So you might retain access but not the seats.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:33 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you want the rear seat "area" so you have the ability to store items like groceries, etc. back there? If you however are looking to have functional seats back there that's not going to happen. And if you could rig it up some way there is no way it would be safe. My guess is you want to be able to utilize the storage area.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Blacksport350
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couple of thougts for you.......

With the rear attachment points positioned where they are, I would question the safety of using the rear seats after the bar is installed (if it will clear).

Also, I would venture to say that without the cross brace, the bar is a waste of time. These are not particularly strong roll bars and when you take the bracing out, they are almost useless. The primary reason to put one in is for harness mounting which can't be done on the bar wihtout the bracing.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:46 AM
DavidNR
Rennlist Member

I didn't even know you could get the bar without the cross brace. I had to leave off the covers for the adjustable shoulder seat belt points. Even with my fixed seats I can still get lots of things behind the seats, it just has to fit between the 2 upper horizontal bars. And if you have the original seats you will have plenty of access behind the drivers seat.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

so i wont be able to put someone in teh Back Seats?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zookie
so i wont be able to put someone in teh Back Seats?
I doubt it and even if you could, wouldn't them to bang their head.....

Here is a link to suncoast Porsche
Old 04-01-2007, 09:58 PM
zoomzoom
Racer

no is the answer!

Only a small 5 year old kid can get in the back with the Tequipment cage, and once there it is certainly NOT safe for them. The Tequipment cage still has a diagonal that restricts access, and it bolts to the rear seat mounting points.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

does anyone have any pix of teh Bar installed in teh car?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Blacksport350
Pro

Originally Posted by Zookie
does anyone have any pix of teh Bar installed in teh car?
If you want some of the full bar installed in the car, PM me your email address and I will send you some.

Also, may I ask why you want the bar? It does little in a roll compared to a good rear cage so the primary reason to use it is as a harness anchor point that adds a little extra roll protection.

Not to mention that I just took a look and anyone in the back would get badly clobbered by the installed bar in an accident!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 AM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the roll bar you are talking about. I dont have any pics here at work, so i will try to post some later tonight...

Not sure what car you have, but you would NOT want anybody back there with a bar installed. WAY too dangerous. It would take only one smack on it by a head and that would be the end of it. If they had helemts on all the time, ok, but otherwise, roll bars and passengers in the back would be a bad thing....

I will try to post some pics tonight.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 AM
zoomzoom
Racer

Originally Posted by Blacksport350

Also, may I ask why you want the bar? It does little in a roll compared to a good rear cage so the primary reason to use it is as a harness anchor point that adds a little extra roll protection.
Do you have any objective empirical evidence to back up your claims that it is of little use? Not everything Porsche makes is perfect, but I seriously doubt if Porsche would provide a safety equipment item like this which offered no safety protection! Consider that this is the only roll cage offered by Porsche for retrofit to any 911 since they no longer weld cages into the shells (apart from full race cars).
Old 04-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ArcticFox
I have the roll bar you are talking about. I dont have any pics here at work, so i will try to post some later tonight...
That would be great...

Doesnt this help Stiffen the car up a bit? I dont track My Car... just going for Looks, but if it wont help stiffen up anthing at all, i might thing twice about it...
Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 PM
charlesml3
Instructor

I think this is the bar you're referring to:

Quick Reply: Picture Request: Tequipment 4 Point Roll Bar...