Sponsored by:

Outstanding GT3 For Sale - What Price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
HMS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Olav A.
This1200 mile example didn't even break 80K.
Like I have said before....don not look at the bid amount being an indicator on how much the car was sold for. That car was pulled or sold outside the auction. ebay is a great place to put the car out there.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:28 PM
IslandBoy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well guys, I have a solid offer, and cash deposit from a true enthusiast like ourselves, and its pretty close to my asking price, and it AINT in the 70's!!!! I think it represents a very fair deal for BOTH parties, which is how I think any good business transaction should be. I also have several other strong enquiries, (one ready to bring cash) so anyone that says the market is in the low to mid 70"s ....................... maybe correct on some higher mileage , less optioned cars. However a nice clean, well optioned car is definately still in the 80's from my experience in the last couple days.

The buyer is a fellow Rennlister, and a great guy, so I am sure he willl chime in after he takes delivery on Saturday.

Thanks again for all the great advice!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Olav A.
Racer

Originally Posted by IslandBoy
Well guys, I have a solid offer, and cash deposit from a true enthusiast like ourselves, and its pretty close to my asking price, and it AINT in the 70's!!!! I think it represents a very fair deal for BOTH parties, which is how I think any good business transaction should be. I also have several other strong enquiries, (one ready to bring cash) so anyone that says the market is in the low to mid 70"s ....................... maybe correct on some higher mileage , less optioned cars. However a nice clean, well optioned car is definately still in the 80's from my experience in the last couple days.

The buyer is a fellow Rennlister, and a great guy, so I am sure he willl chime in after he takes delivery on Saturday.

Thanks again for all the great advice!
Great news! Add that to the data points.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Great news IB. I think both prices are out there. This is a car that can go to the track and get hammered and yes those with 20K miles and alot of track time are probably in the $70's but a well sorted out car like yours with low miles and not much track time will command a premium. I love mine and I dont have time to go to the track as much as I would like, but I live in the deserted desert so I can stretch its legs every once in awhile and that kinda scratches the itch. So I would ask similar to what you did and if I didnt get it I wouldnt sell. If I had a car like Mootys (last 3 GT3's) and they had a lot of track time then I would price accordingly. But even those if purchased from a enthusiast may be treated as well or better than a street time car-with oil changes and brake pad changes after every event. Either way its a great car.
Olav I hope you find yours soon and get on board!!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Olav A.
Great news! Add that to the data points.

Amen to that.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:37 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Why 6 owners though? Am I missing something?

BTW ... FREE Carfax listed on cars.com ad

CARFAX
Island Boy.....curious why you didn't address Chris's inquiry.......
Old 02-28-2007, 06:59 PM
HMS
Racer

That was fast!! Congrats!!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:01 PM
HMS
Racer

Originally Posted by LVDell
6....Geeez....talk about flippers.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
IslandBoy
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell

Did not realize that carfax remark was regarding my car. Truthfully, I have NO idea. Does not sound right to me at all. I bought the car from a dealer in late 2005 with 3500 miles on it, and it was my understanding that I was the second owner. The obvious like new condition of the car, and the low miles were very consistent with what I was told. The dealer claimed he knew the first owner very well, as he has about 20 porsches, etc.. That carfax makes no sense to me! Does not change the fact that it is a GREAT car!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by IslandBoy
Did not realize that carfax remark was regarding my car. Truthfully, I have NO idea. Does not sound right to me at all. I bought the car from a dealer in late 2005 with 3500 miles on it, and it was my understanding that I was the second owner. The obvious like new condition of the car, and the low miles were very consistent with what I was told. The dealer claimed he knew the first owner very well, as he has about 20 porsches, etc.. That carfax makes no sense to me! Does not change the fact that it is a GREAT car!!!
Dealer to leasing company to customer, to dealer to leasing company to subsequent customer? That would be 6 ownership transfers.

If the sale doesn't go through I may be interested.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:13 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Based on what IslandBoy says he sold or about to sell it for is a very reasonable price, especially considering the nice extras.

I for one am keeping mine. Ask me in 5 years and it may be different, but for now, I'll enjoy one of the greatest cars every produced and worry about resale in 2012.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:33 AM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
I for one am keeping mine. Ask me in 5 years and it may be different, but for now, I'll enjoy one of the greatest cars every produced and worry about resale in 2012.
+100

I've got autox #2 this Sunday and I'm stoked!

...and then another 3 weeks after that...more in April and then a DE in May....

Quick Reply: Outstanding GT3 For Sale - What Price?